What fish food does your cat flip out over?

philly27

soo, my cat will bounce off the walls when i pull out the algae discs.. he runs in place for a second when i open that package. anything your cat goes crazy for when you feed your fish? my cat totally understands when i feed my fish over him...

Ouse

I regularly find claw holes in the packets for my wafers and stickable tablets.

Upvote 0

StarGirl

All of them good foodses.

Upvote 0

philly27

Sera o nip tabs,shrimp pellets and tubifex worms are his favorite. He tries to open them by knocking them on the floor.
oh i wouldnt trust leaving a container open in a room and going to another room to feed fish...my cat would happily knock that over and then look at me flaring his tail as he knows how ill have to vacuum that up

Upvote 0

Natalie666

The four cats in my family have not discovered the algae wafers I keep for snails nor the dry flakes but the youngest(Lily) tried getting some frozen brine shrimp cubes.

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

Pretty much all the food, but especially the betta food, usually higher protein

Upvote 0

Zeeth29

oh i wouldnt trust leaving a container open in a room and going to another room to feed fish...my cat would happily knock that over and then look at me flaring his tail as he knows how ill have to vacuum that up
Yep, I learned that lesson the hard way.

Upvote 0

chocolatemilkcows

This thread made me chuckle. It's not actually my cat I need to be concerned about. She's showing interest in the fish however. We came home to find that my dog managed to pull all the various foods off the shelf and get in the containers and bags....

Upvote 0

philly27

This thread made me chuckle. It's not actually my cat I need to be concerned about. She's showing interest in the fish however. We came home to find that my dog managed to pull all the various foods off the shelf and get in the containers and bags....
animals man

Upvote 0

Idkitsathrowaway

Cocoa loves to just stare at me betta. Him to her as well. He will greet her and swim just for her. It has a lid and when it didn't she never tried. She just wanted to watch him.

Upvote 0

sairving

All of the dry fish food. Has to smell good or something.

Upvote 0

Motherlovebetta

I dont know why I assumed my cat was the only one. I thought he was just being a jerk….i mean cat! Never thought about it smelling appetizing duh.

Upvote 0

Deku-Cory

I'm glad to learn that my cat isn't the only one who goes crazy for fish food. None of the other cats I've owned have ever cared about fish food, just her. Flakes are her favorite, but she'll try just about everything. As soon as she hears the door of the stand open, she comes running and starts begging until I give her some. It's become a part of the feeding routine. The fish get their food, and she gets a small pinch of flakes. I actually keep a can of flake food that's primarily for her, I only rarely feed it to the fish! Honestly, looking at the ingredients, it's probably better quality than her actual cat food.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • philly27
  • Cat
Replies
Views
philly27
  • Aoebhil
  • Cat
Replies
Views