What Fish Community Tank

Sarah73

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If you go with tiger barbs do 8-12. They NEED to be in big groups or they will attack and nip at your pleco. I would say upgrade so you can add more tiger barbs unless you don't want to. Actually I take that back, if you want a pleco in there you can't have tiger barbs because of how many tiger barbs you need to keep the peace. What other fish would you want? Rosies are smaller so you can do around 6-10 and maybe get away with a pleco. If you want to do that get a 30 or 40 gallon filter.

Afaque Shaikh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Sarah73 said:
If you go with tiger barbs do 8-12. They NEED to be in big groups or they will attack and nip at your pleco. I would say upgrade so you can add more tiger barbs unless you don't want to. Actually I take that back, if you want a pleco in there you can't have tiger barbs because of how many tiger barbs you need to keep the peace. What other fish would you want? Rosies are smaller so you can do around 6-10 and maybe get away with a pleco. If you want to do that get a 30 or 40 gallon filter.
Ahan and what about guppies with mollies sword tail with betta and pleco , i already have betta and pleco ... Both are my babbies

Sarah73

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
How about...a male OR female betta, 6-8 albino cories, and 5 endlers? Or if you want regular guppies get 2-3 males. Mollies are huge waste producers, which your tank can't hold.

Afaque Shaikh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have crown tail male and white veil tale female ... One of them ... My pleco and guppies
The thing is i find my tank empty i want it to be filled and take all over aquarium ... Well i am open to empty spaces but some times i feel upper aquarium is empty some time bottom
I hope i am good at making you understand my vission

Sarah73

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sounds perfect. Either the female OR male add to the 20 gallon along with the bristle nose and guppies. Which betta is calm? If your gonna add a male you should get white females. Don't want the betta flaring at the guppies all the time.

Afaque Shaikh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Sarah73 said:
Sounds perfect. Either the female OR male add to the 20 gallon along with the bristle nose and guppies. Which betta is calm? If your gonna add a male you should get white females. Don't want the betta flaring at the guppies all the time.
Yeah female one is lil calm cause once i tried crown tail but it was nibing on guppies ... Early stage mistakes ... That makes you endup tons of aquarium lol

GuppyGuy007

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I would not do a betta also, it could likely end in a disaster. Yes, some have pulled it off, but when I tried it ended with dead guppies

Ps, mine was a baby female betta

Sarah73

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ok let me re-phrase what I said. If you don't feel comfortable adding a betta with other fish, that's fine. You could do a DG if you want. Most likely if you have a calm betta, chances are you will be ok.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom