What fish can I add?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by marktheshark21, Dec 23, 2012.

1. marktheshark21New MemberMember

I have had my 150 gallon up and running for about two months. I currently have 3 bala sharks, 2 angel fish and a BGK. They don’t bother each other besides when my angelfish spawn; thats the only time I ever have any aggression in the tank. However my tank seems empty, any ideas on what fish i can add?!?!

2. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

welcome to the forum

I would say to get a couple more balas. Because of the size they can get, I wouldn't get too big of a school, but adding a couple more would be good I think. While a 150 is big, it's not that big for full grown balas.

I love my loaches
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL2VAp2m3vQ

3. OP
    OP
    m

marktheshark21New MemberMember

Thank you Jeysee I was thinking that, but I don’t want too much silver in my tank. Do you know any fish that would add color to my tank?

4. Jaysee

5. OP
    OP
    m

I have Rainbows in my 55 Gallon tank haha. Sorry for being a pain, i would move them but my BGK (when he was in 55) created an appetite for them and roseline sharks. I know its weird but he would only attack them :( But I will look into the loaches!!

6. Jaysee

I would love to see a picture or video of a BGK than eats rainbows and roselines. I've been toying with the idea of getting one for that tank.

It couldn't possibly eat a severum. How about that? They come in green, yellow and red (my avatar), as well as some wild patterns. Some species are mouth brooders, which is pretty cool.

7. OP
    OP
    m

He didn’t exactly eat them he just took bites out of their mid section and I will up load one when I get a chance, he is about 10 inches, and I will have to look into them!!:)

8. luke355027355027Well Known MemberMember

For color maybe some blue gouramis. Some clown loaches( if you can find them big enough for the right price) large cory catfish. Rainbows. Featherfin catfish.

9. OP
    OP
    m

Right now I am growing out a blue goramis. How many would you recommend and with the Featherfin catfish would it be a good bottom cleaner?

10. luke355027355027Well Known MemberMember

The featherfin would be a bottom dweller. I would add 2 blue gouramis. I have two in my 75 and they get along so 2 in a 80 should be ok.

Just out of curiosity what are the dimensions of the tank i just want to see the difference from my 75

11. Jaysee

The tank is a 150. I'd be afraid of putting anything small in the tank, if the knife can do that to the rainbows.

12. luke355027355027Well Known MemberMember

Thats a good point i would say away from smaller fish
    Thw problem with predatory fish is when there bigger you can only add bigger fish which are hard to find or more expensive

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice