Funny what fish best describes You?!

MJDuti

...in terms of personality and looks (to a certain extent). was going to stick with FW, but Saltwater is welcome I guess.

I would have to say a Redtail Shark for me: decent size, strong active fish, semi-aggressive, but good community fish. plus its little "whiskers" remind me of my awesome goatee!

klogue2

Blood Parrot cichlids probably compare to me best. I'm shy until I get to know you, but I've always got a smile on my face haha! But I can also be strong when I need to be and chase away pestering people (or fish!)

Tsyklon

Huh, this is a good one! Let's see... probably a platy, due to completely insatiable appetites lol. I don't know if plates are secretly passive-aggressive though...

MJDuti

lol, i'm waiting for someone to mention a messy pleco or a real mean cichlid, or maybe a hatchet fish to represent their belly.

Tsyklon

Pfft, hatchets have dignified chests, good sir. Balloon mollies, on the other hand...

Geoff

Junne

I'm going to say, Angel fish ( but not quite as flat )

Easy going but can be aggressive when provoked, loves to eat and eat anything, personable to a degree,

Anon

I like this thread!
I'd have to say either a goldfish (never-ending stomach) or my betta (lazy and cranky)
teehee

Krysty

Ha! Yeah...I'm definitely a lazy cranky Betta! LOL!

nightfire

Hm. No clue.. There's probably a better choice.. but..

I'll go with Betta. Cranky, lazy, does not play well with others of my own species.. Yeah, I'll go with Betta.

Mamajin

<---- hahaha.

I love those fish!!!

Fishy88

I kept trying to think of fish that are friendly, playful that I WISH I were. However, I have come to the realization that I am cranky and actually like to be alone! So, I guess I have to admit that I am Betta!

Fishgirl89

Betta---social anxiety

Junne

I guess I can't be with y'all in the same room!!!! Since I'm an Angel

MJDuti

why's everyone so cranky? you must work for a Red Devil.

Dizzy

lol I don't know enough about fish behavior to name one as messed up as I am ...bipolar and 100% antisocial

macca

Krysty said:
Ha! Yeah...I'm definitely a lazy cranky Betta! LOL!
lol.

Aquarist

Discus...I have to be very well kept.

Ken

Mamajin

jwebbe said:
I guess I can't be with y'all in the same room!!!! Since I'm an Angel

Boy howdy have you got everyone fooled.....

/hugs

Junne

Mamajin said:
Boy howdy have you got everyone fooled.....

/hugs
Say it don't spray it!!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Forum Runner

Krysty

MJDuti

at least no one's a scavenging shrimp. And I would think catfish, although not as fat, would be the choice for the largest appetities.

Fishwiz

Probably angelfish as he more strolls along the tank, mainly peacfull but can get mean and cranky in the wrong mood yet an aggressive eater.

MJDuti

lol, not to get off topic, but Fishwiz you're avatar is hilarious

Fishwiz

Thanks couldn't get any of my fish so chose the best one I could find

frampy

I am like my old Oscar . I am a big guy, kind of cranky, I don't like a whole lot of others in my space, but if I know you I am very loyal. If I don't I just might rip you into little pieces. Fast over short distances but only when I need to be. Ready to eat whenever.

MikeyDoodle

I'm going to go with betta too...

Flamboyant, attention hog, don't mix well with other of my kind, and like to be entertained 24/7 lol

badrad

I would be the occasional pleco, because some days I just suck.

Quinn_Lamb98

I think I am an oscar for the same reasons frampy listed. plus I am relatively tall (5' 10" at 15 yrs old).

betta fan 99

betta 2I would say I'm more like a betta. I can be aggressive with others at times but also lazy at times.

MJDuti

lol, why are so many of us so aggressive towards others? fish are supposed to make things peaceful.

Silod

This is a tough one, but I think I actually have a very good match: the goldfish.
1. I'm messy. Not necessarily unorganized... but my "organization" tends to involve piles on the floor and on the furniture.
2. I doubt there's any truth behind it, but I have the goldfish's famed "three-second memory".
3. I prefer cold weather to warm... and goldfish are carp, so they prefer cooler water, yeah?
4. I'm not exactly unfriendly, but I don't always play well with others, either... and as someone who once ignorantly put a goldfish into a twenty-gallon community tank, I can serve as a character reference there.
5. Quite a number of people who have taken the time to really get to know me have told me that I didn't turn out to be what they expected. I'm not sure why and I never ask or anything... but a bunch of people have just up and said that and, as we all know, the heavily stereotyped goldfish is not what people usual expect it to be, either.

MJDuti

well, what kind of goldfish are you? are you a fancy one, a fatty ryukin, or a special bubble eye?

Tsyklon

mjbxc06 said:
well, what kind of goldfish are you? are you a fancy one, a fatty ryukin, or a special bubble eye?
*spits water all over keyboard*

Oh wow, special bubble eye... HAHAHA

Why is that so funny to me?

Oh, right, I'm a terrible individual XD

Silod

mjbxc06 said:
Oh, man, I just about died!

Uhhh... I don't know anything about goldfish breeds, really. I guess I'd be a hibuna? Not too special-looking, one way or the other.

5thgradeguppyraiser

cory catfish. I love other people to talk to and am very social.

silverwolf33333

Guppy. I tend to stay in a group and stick out a bit too much

Edmund

Tsyklon said:
Huh, this is a good one! Let's see... probably a platy, due to completely insatiable appetites lol. I don't know if plates are secretly passive-aggressive though...
LokI gets kinda weird territorial without direct aggression, I'd say yes they can XD

I am undecided on a fish that best suits me, I have not kept many to know for sure. I AM tempted to say SOMETHING NOCTURNAL THAT LIKES IT'S HIDEY-HOLE.

*hides in his room with his aquarium and laptop*
Any fish with a chinstrap? Perhaps I am some form of bearded catfish.

Quill

Lol, I'm a betta. Grumpy, antisocial, and not particularly active. I don't mind living in a small space as well

Quinn_Lamb98

Edmund said:
I am undecided on a fish that best suits me, I have not kept many to know for sure. I AM tempted to say SOMETHING NOCTURNAL THAT LIKES IT'S HIDEY-HOLE.

*hides in his room with his aquarium and laptop*
Any fish with a chinstrap? Perhaps I am some form of bearded catfish.
cuckoo catfish, maybe

GemstonePony

Bolivian Ram, maybe?
I'm not anti-social, but I like my alone time.
I usually get along with others, but I'll stand my ground if I have to.
I'm not very flamboyant, but unless I'm stressed I'm not a plain-Jane either.
I can be shy at first, but most people who take the time to get to know me end up liking me.

side note- I love reading through this thread and reading what people chose and why.

Edmund

mjbxc06 said:
at least no one's a scavenging shrimp. And I would think catfish, although not as fat, would be the choice for the largest appetities.
Then I am the hungriest little catfish. I'd be a shrimp, but I don't think I've quite got that kind of maneuverable skill.

Quinn_Lamb98 said:
cuckoo catfish, maybe
AAPBLRPBLLLTLBTL!! O3O YES!
I just kerploded from the adorableness of this thing. I too have spots, for I am freckled (I keep forgetting I can just point out my avatar is a cartoon of myself as reference - though I forgot to draw freckles! D'oh.). If cuckoo catfish are anything for temperament like my cory cats, then it fits super well for that too. I may not be the speediest or the most colourful, and I may hide indoors a lot (mm, tiny caves), but I am mellow and will get along with just about anybody. Hard to bother.

junebug

I'll go with a nice peaceful honey gouramI

I'm pretty much a pacifist, but I'd rather not be messed with. And I'm curious (like a cat) which is why my head is full of random stuff. Google is my best friend.

Edmund

I forgot to add, I am also not averse to eating food that's fallen on the floor. :;eatdrink catfish mode is best mode.

_Fried_Bettas_

I'm inclinded to go with betta for much the same reasons as many here, severe social anxiety, don't like to work with others, etc. But I'm thinking I'm more like my bristlenose pleco, something of a wallflower, stay in the background, and I'm taken for granted. And usually only come out at night.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom