What fish are the easiest the breed?

JChoh

Ever since my bronze corydoras breed I’ve been excited every time I see eggs on the glass wall. The past few days I’ve been trying to find fish that will be easiest to breed and available in local stores. I’ve heard livebearers are the quickest fish to make babies. What are the other options than guppies and platies?.
*What fish are the easiest to breed

Passionfish

Ever since my bronze corydoras breed I’ve been excited every time I see eggs on the glass wall. The past few days I’ve been trying to find fish that will be easiest to breed and available in local stores. I’ve heard livebearers are the quickest fish to make babies. What are the other options than guppies and platies?.
Endlers will thrive in smaller tanks, and you can breed them amazingly. They are fun, but make sure you have someone to give the babies too, or sell them.

Upvote 0

Chris87

Rams are pretty easy they if you want to keep them you need to have very clean water.
Ive always wanted to try japanese rice fish

Upvote 0

jkkgron2

Shell dwellers are extremely easy to breed, as long as you have hard water. I have 50+ Juveniles in my 20g long right now.

Upvote 0

AggressiveAquatics

I agree with convicts. Or polar blue blood parrots if you don’t have room for convicts

Upvote 0

barbiespoodle

neocaridina shrimp they are not fish but they are easy to breed.

Second that one. The ease in breeding them is how I ended up with 3 shrimp tanks:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

chromedome52

I agree with convicts. Or polar blue blood parrots if you don’t have room for convicts
Same species, different colors.

Upvote 0

DerekO24

Guppies ...like hamsters

Upvote 0

BlackOsprey

I hear white cloud minnows are very easy to breed. If kept in a species-only tank, they will spawn. They're very inexpensive and commonly available everywhere.

Bristlenose plecos are a very popular and often lucrative breeding project. Like white clouds, they are also extremely common. They require "caves" to lay their eggs, which can be supplied via terra cotta tubes.

Peacock gudgeon seem relatively easy to breed. These also require "caves" like BN plecos. You will have to remove the adults after the eggs hatch, however.

Galaxy rasboras are surprisingly easy to breed too. I accidentally bred a few in a 10 gallon, and half a dozen fry survived to adulthood despite me doing nothing special for them at all.

Sparkling gouramis will breed pretty readily if conditions are to their liking- dense plants, warm pristine water, etc. You'll have to remove adults after hatching, as they are diligent hunters.

All of these are relatively easy to breed, as they don't require extensive conditioning such as specific lighting, water parameters, temperature, water level, or special foods. Chances are, if you can spawn cories, these are all well within your capabilities.

Upvote 0

jake37

My angels love to breed - now raising the frys is a bit more challenging but not as challenging as german blue rams.
--
However - a truly easy fish to breed and raise frys are KRIBS. They will feed their frys - protect their frys - and in no time you will wish you didn't have kribs. They are much better than guppies - guppies EAT their frys but if someone tried to eat a krib fry well .... them kribs are very very protective of their frys.... really amazing to watch them parade them around the tank making sure they are well fed... well worth it as a class exercise.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
FishyFanatic86
  • Question
Replies
Views
ayeayeron
  • Question
Replies
Views