• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

spike98

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have a 29 gallon that will have a German Blue Ram, X-ray Tetra, Albino Cory's, and Amano shrimp. Currently I have the tetra and shrimp. I was wondering what filter I should get? I'm between the Aquaclear 70, Seachem Tidal 75. I like an adjustable flow so I don't throw my fish around, self priming, and allows for my own media (sponges, bio rings, carbon) so if I have to medicate I don't remove all bb. If you have a filter you feel is better please inform me. The dimensions for the filter slot on my tank is 15 inches long, 3 1/2 wide, and the trim is about 3/4 wide.

Attachments

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Aquaclear is much more powerful than the Tidal; although the Tidal has more options, Tidals are generally favored and are more tuned for smaller/nano tanks. Aquaclear is the very best HOB filter IMO...and you can customize them more as well. (adding more media, sponges, etc.)

In my Aquaclears, I use bio-media, double, big fat sponges, as well as an addtional intake tube sponge as well. Tough to get a filter to work much better.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom