What filter media is this?

Lea Rwamwitani

Reaction score
Hello! I was given a 50 gallon tank about a year ago and it included a box of carbon filters. I just used the last one and was thinking about switching over to Sera siporax Professional. There was a second filter included which I thought was floss filter (I’ve just been rinsing it and putting it back in). But when I went to buy more I realized it’s not floss and I have no clue even after research what it it. It’s metal and I’ve included a picture. Can someone tell me what it is and if it needs to be replaced? Also any suggestions on filter media is also appreciated. The filter hangs on to the outside of the aquarium and has two compartments. Thanks!

Attachments

Wrench

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Lea Rwamwitani said:
Hello! I was given a 50 gallon tank about a year ago and it included a box of carbon filters. I just used the last one and was thinking about switching over to Sera siporax Professional. There was a second filter included which I thought was floss filter (I’ve just been rinsing it and putting it back in). But when I went to buy more I realized it’s not floss and I have no clue even after research what it it. It’s metal and I’ve included a picture. Can someone tell me what it is and if it needs to be replaced? Also any suggestions on filter media is also appreciated. The filter hangs on to the outside of the aquarium and has two compartments. Thanks!
Just some sponge, petco has it readily available also filter floss and bio rings are a nice addition to the filter media

New Threads