What else to put in my tank Question 

ohough88

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi guys, so my tank has finally finished cycling and i'm ready to put more fish in. It's a 60L tropical aquarium. I currently have 4 Danios and was planning on getting 2 more. The thing is I have no idea what else to put in my tank, I was thinking about maybe a couple of Dwarf Gouramis.

Any suggestions you could give me about what else to put in would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Asialyn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
1 DG could possibly work, although a 60l is a bit small for them, but I wouldnt get 2 because in that small of a tank they will probly just fight. I dont know much about Danios but I hear their quite nippy and very active, so they would stress out any timid or slow moving fish, such as a DG.

If you're able to rehouse the danios, you could look into getting some platies, or guppies, along with a DG. if you dont want to deal with fry then you could just get females.

im sure others will be along with some more suggestions soon tho. good luck

catsma_97504

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Welcome to Fishlore ohough!

Cherry Barbs, Platys, Serpae Tetra, White Cloud Minnows are some good choices to add with a DG. But not all of them. Danios are fin nippers and can cause quite a bit of damage. To lessen this behavior, they should be kept in schools of 6 or more.

phishyitis

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Some type of bottom feeders would be good to get the leftover food.

fraserm

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years

ayelie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
do you have any bottom feeders? Maybe some corys, they are very peaceful and I think they add to any fish tank.

catsma_97504

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
They just finished the cycle on this tank. It is too soon for corys. Although I do agree that corys would be nice if the OP waited a few months first.

ohough88

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I do like Corys, I was thinking of maybe peppered or panda corys but i'm going to have to wait for a couple of months before adding them.

If I went with 6 Danios & possibly 3-4 corys, what else would fit in well in the tank?

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads