What Else Should I Get? Question

1. BriBango

BriBango New Member Member

So I just got my first bunch of fish for my 55 gallon today. I have 2 blue gourami, 2 Dwarf gourami, & 2 female guppies. I had a male, but he just died. I think my filter is too strong. So I'm not getting anymore guppies.

Going to see how the gourami situation plays out. They seem fine now but it hasn't even been 24 hours. Went against my better judgement and listened to the pet store lady because I was excited . I did some research but it always kinda boils down to the fish's personality, tank size, setup/plants/territory and community. Kind of already regretting it.

I'm defiantly getting a bristlenose or rubbernose pleco. Thinking about some peaceful dwarf cichlids and undecided on the rest.

Any stocking ideas and advice? I'm open to any suggestions but defiantly getting a pleco

2. RainBetta

RainBetta Well Known Member Member

Maybe 12 or so Rummynose or silvertip tetras???

3. Ioana Dog

Ioana Dog Valued Member Member

I have preacox (dwarf neon) rainbowfish in my 55 with cories and they’re great. They are active, pretty and come to the side of the tank whenever I go near the tank. Trying to decide what else I want to add.