What Else Could Go In My 12?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by SuperK, Apr 18, 2017.

1. SuperK

SuperK Well Known Member Member

I'm thinking for the future here, tank isn't cycled yet. I was wondering what else could go in my 12 gal cube? 40cmx40cmx40cm I believe. I was thinking shrimp or maybe those Thai Micro Crabs. But I have a betta and I'm thinking he might eat them. He seems friendly enough though and I've never seen any kind of aggression come from him. So possibly. Any other suggestions are welcome, of course stocking has to be revolved around him and the tank size as usual. I jus kinda like a little more activity I guess. He's cute but at the same time it's a little empty in there.

The current substrate is gravel but I could easily change it out if I went for shrimp or some other invert. (I hate gravel anyway haha) Just have it because it's cheaper than sand.

2. Fahn

Fahn Fishlore VIP Member

Shrimp or snails will be fine, just provide hiding places. I wouldn't do crabs or crayfish of any kind with a betta.

3. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Thai microcrabs shouldn't mess with your betta, but they're very reclusive and you likely wouldn't see them.

I would add a mystery snail and a few small nerites. Snails are fun!

4. OP
    OP
    SuperK

SuperK Well Known Member Member

They're so cute tho, although I'd be worried about sucking them up with my siphon or something.
    If they're alright I might consider them. Otherwise if they're too hard to get I'll just get shrimps.

My tank is overridden with snails so maybe an assassin snail?

5. Fahn

Fahn Fishlore VIP Member

6. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I would go with snails over the micro crab for this tank.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice