What else can I add to my 15 gallon tank?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Etude, Aug 10, 2014.

1. E

Etude New Member Member

Hello,
    I have my first aquarium (70 litre/15 gallon) with plants - I intend to add more so it will be densely planted - and driftwood.
    The fish in there now are:
    x 10 green neon tetra (Paracheirodon simulans)
    x 3 sparkling gourami (Trichopsis pumila) - all three are going due to aggression (they were ripping each others fins to shreds)
    So, if I only have ten green neon tetras, what else can I add/is it already stocked? I like the look of scarlet badis (Dario dario) and they only get to 2cm! I might add some shrimp as well.
    I'm not allowed to get any more gourami (so no honey gourami, liquorice gourami, chocolate gourami, dwarf gourami...) :(and betta splendens are a no. 1) they are extremely aggressive and 2) they aren't very pretty in my opinion (no offence to them!).
    I like gobies, catfish & loaches, killifish, maybe really small cichlids - just anything that is small and likes being a loner or in pairs.
    Thanks!

2. T

Teishokue Well Known Member Member

mini moth catfish.

pygmy corydoras

bristlenose plecox1

you're pretty much stocked already

3. C

CLam Valued Member Member

I would not house a BN pleco in a 15 gallon—20 gallons for those at the very, very least.

4. slade

slade Valued Member Member

Get 5-6 Cory catfish.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice