What eggs are these? - Page 2

MarkN1990

Let us know how you go

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1457873325.243154.jpg

No leaks ! Need to get some vinegar to clean it up properly

aliray

I think Bizaliz said hers spawn every week or two if they are not raising babies. Keep looking. Just in case. Nice new tank. congrats. Alison

mattgirl

I really like the clean lines of that tank. The black trim at the top and bottom of most tanks take away from the clean lines of the glass. That one is a nice one. Congratulations on your good buy.

MarkN1990

It's very basic but it'll do the job. It actually came with a fluval U3 filter but going to wait for the sponge filter instead as think it'll be too powerful. Hoping as the tanks reasonably large just for raising fry that I can grow them out a bit in there if any survivors. May get them a couple of potted plants eventually

Five 97

I really like the clean lines of that tank. The black trim at the top and bottom of most tanks take away from the clean lines of the glass. That one is a nice one. Congratulations on your good buy.
+1

MarkN1990

On second thoughts - could I run the U3 and just turn the flow way down? It's adjustable but would I need to modify it in any way ?

aliray

Is there a way to cover the intake so no babies would get sucked in which is one of the reasons for a sponge filter? You also don't want babies stuck to the sides if the suction is too strong. Alison

MarkN1990

If the flow is very low, the suction will be very low too, right ? I'll look into any way of stopping them getting stuck as a precaution.

Edit: scrap this. I'll just use the sponge filter I've ordered !

aliray

I would think so. Sounds like a plan. Alison

MarkN1990

My angels have become aggressive and territorial over the corner of the tank that they laid eggs in previously.

They also seem to be cleaning an anubias leaf. Fingers crossed I'll be expecting another egg lay soon!

aliray

Keep us posted. Fingers crossed. Alison

MarkN1990

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1458312518.323942.jpg

Can clearly see here the leaf that they've cleaned. Done a great job at it too!

aliray

Spotless. Alison

Random Great Thread!

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom