What eats Feeder Guppies?

rip_van_winkle

Valued Member
Reaction score
I know what the differances between fancy and feeder guppy are, but when you have a feeder guppy, what do you feed it to? Well, wait that sounds kind of evil. ok, how's this,
What eats feeder guppies?  ???

I was just wondering and would be glad of an answear.
Thanks
~Hannah

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Small fish eating fish like young piranhas. Just anything that is a small fish eater. I personally bought some to watch grow into full sized guppies(if that is what they grow into).
Tom

rip_van_winkle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Tom said:
Small fish eating fish like young piranhas. I personally bought some to watch grow into full sized guppies(if that is what they grow into).
So pieranhas eat guppies. Would a (Larger than the guppies) red tailed shark eat guppies?
I don't really understand your last sentance. Do you mean you bought baby guppies to watch grow into adults?
Thanks
~Hannah

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
All fishes that have big mouths will eat baby guppy feeder fish. I'm not sure about red-tailed sharks though...

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I feed feeder guppies to a chaka chaka catfish I have here,
He is currently about 3 inches long.
The difference between feeder and fancy is that feeder are closer in size and coloration to the wild fish but fancy are usually larger and colored differently.

Dino

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
rip_van_winkle said:
Tom said:
Small fish eating fish like young piranhas. I personally bought some to watch grow into full sized guppies(if that is what they grow into).
I don't really understand your last sentance. Do you mean you bought baby guppies to watch grow into adults?
Thanks
~Hannah
That is exactly what I meant.
Tom

wolfman21

Valued Member
Reaction score
Got a buddy whose perch eats feeder guppies. He also had some crappies and blue gills in a tank that eat them.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I wouldn't feed live fish to your fish though....they could carry a disease.

username

Valued Member
Reaction score
rip_van_winkle said:
I know what the differances between fancy and feeder guppy are, but when you have a feeder guppy, what do you feed it to? Well, wait that sounds kind of evil. ok, how's this,
What eats feeder guppies?  ???

I was just wondering and would be glad of an answear.
Thanks
~Hannah
Needle nose gars will eat them, that's mainly the only food they'll eat. Cichlids will eat them too

sandie66

Reaction score
Anything carnivourous fish that eats live food will eat guppies. Oscars love them and if they are small enough even angel fish will eat them. Betta will eat the guppy fry because they are tiny enough to fit in their mouths. It's kinda like feeding a snake live food. Fish eat fish.

azzman

Valued Member
Reaction score
so its ok to feed bettas guppy fry? iv just bought 2 pregnant
female guppys only to watch them have babies (yea i havnt been
doing it long enough to have any fish breed).

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom