What does your significant other/family think of your tank/s?

1. superbutterfly12 Well Known Member Member

My husband gets major points for not even mentioning the third tank I set up and only mildly commenting on the fourth tank set up in three months. He was very leery of the first one until I informed it was coming out of my money not joint money. Now he just seems bemused. My one year old likes to bang on the glass and tried to get into the 5.5 gallon a bit ago. And my mom thinks I'm psycho.

What do your families think of this hobby?

2. el337 Fishlore Legend Member

We don't have any other pets so the fish are very much adored in our house. :) My husband definitely enjoys peering into the tank daily and helps me with weekly water changes without fail. His job is to bring up the water changer, attach it to the faucet and switch the knob for draining/filling and then putting it back when done. He's just happy that I've found a hobby that makes me happy. :D

My younger son who is 5 absolutely loves the fish. He's named each and every one of them and while we were away on vacation last week kept saying how much he missed them. lol

3. BlackNotebookTanks Well Known Member Member

Well, I'm only a kid so my OH is only a dream . As for my parents, they were reluctant at first, and upon seeing a 47.5 Gallon, Meter long tank in the kitchen (it was supposed to be a 20G!) They were not pleased. (Mainly because ther was nowhere to put it) However, after some time, I won them over. My parents are fantastic and support pretty much everything I do. My mum even took it upon herself to chop a giant piece of furniture in half, strip all the paint off it, sand it, repaint it and internally brace it to name me a tank stand!! She's truly an industrious, determined little woman! Now my parents sit around the tank chatting, as if they are watching TV! We haven't actually seen any TV since I set up the big tank! My mum loves watching the fish and enjoys giving then little personalities! My parents even help with water changes, and dad has surprised me with conditioners and plants on multiple occasions!

4. :) fatcatfish (: Well Known Member Member

My mum and dad support my hobby, my dad especially enjoys hearing the daily tank reports. I do all the maintenance myself and I buy everything the fish need as well, but my dad takes over maintenance whilst I'm away. My grandad and I send pictures of our tanks to one another regularly, he has a 10g with 2 dwarf puffers and loves to see how my aquascaping is coming along. Recently I went up there and helped to maintain his tank whilst he was in hospital and his little puffers were so cute!