What does the future hold for baby fish?

MarineOrca

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I had been wondering about this, and couldn't seem to find a post on it. I was wondering what you could do with baby fish. As I hope to keep pairs of some fish e.g clown fish, and I wondered what the future may hold for them. Would Marine stockists buy them? Would they overpopulate the tank (As I would only have one to keep them in) Or would they have to be... destroyed :-\ Or even worse fed to other fish? Is there an alternative?

Please help!
Regards,
Marine

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Yes. If you can get marine fish to breed, you will likely find homes for them. I suggest you find out what is in most demand in your area. A LFS owner recently talked at the local aquarium society, and he said that he wouldn't buy common clowns, because he had a good supplier for them, but almost any other fish would be accepted.

MarineOrca

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
what kind of prices could I expect? And do they want babies or more often adult fish?

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
You'll have to do research for that. The answer to that will depend on local demand, the type of fish you're breeding, and how important it is to locals that the fish are captive bred (this can increase the price of marine fish, as a lot of people prefer not to buy wild-caught fish).

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads