What does everyone have their Betta in?

Nicole B

Looking for a good brand of tank and size
Everything I look at everyone complains of how bad the filter is or the tank leaks or something. Lol!
I need to upgrade her tank ASAP.

Discus-Tang
Bettas need a minimum of 5 gallons. Thunder_o_b or CanadianFishFan might be able to recommend filters.

CanadianFishFan
Bettas need a minimum of 5 gallons. Thunder_o_b or CanadianFishFan might be able to recommend filters.
Thanks for the tag, I buy the TopFin 5 gallon or 10 gallons. (If you don't want to spend to much this works great) The light is fine if you aren't really growing much and the heater works great. Sell the filter is comes with and get a sponge filter with an airpump. Ive done this 5 times! I buy 10gallons and divide them for my bettas.

wolfdog01
I'm probably going overboard but I only have one betta and two nerite snails lol

-Aqueon 20 gallon long
-Finnex LED razor thin (for my anacharis)
-Aqueon Pro adjustable heater
-All of my decor is polymer clay.
-I use plain ol' gravel, from Imagitarium at Petco
-Fluval 20 HOB filter with a Topfin filter media bag tied around the intake (don't want fins sucked up)
-I have a big Imagitarium sponge in the filter box with a small piece of the same sponge in the smaller box. I use whatever brand of cuttlebone I can find for my snails and break it in half and shove it in the filter. I order SunGrow capatta leaves and break them up and put them in a TopFin filter media bag and put it in the filter as well. I also use a TopFin filter media bag to lay over the outtake of my filter so during the day the DIY CO2 can dissolve properly and at night I fold it back into the filter so it can oxygenate the water for the plants

I tend to write everything I have down in case something breaks or needs to be replaced I know exactly what brand it was. I'm paranoid like that lol

david1978
Mine are in an oceonic 75 gallon tank. I absolutely love the look of this tank. Then I use an aquaclear 110. I'm at the other end of the spectrum for a betta tank. Lol

Small Tanks
I have mine currently in a 10 G tank.

I actually say KEEP the filter it comes with, but look into substituting other media in it, it's if nothing else keeping your water circulating, but supplement by adding a sponge filter, the nice thing with this set up is if you need to set up another tank in a hurry (hospital, QT), you can pull the sponge filter and VOLA! Instant cycle.

On my current tank I have an internal Fluval 1U that runs 24/7 since it is super silent, and then I have a small sponge filter on the same timer as my lights cause well my aquaria pump isn't completely silent and it's in my bedroom.

Make sure you have a heater as well, Bettas need to be warm (75 - 80 degrees).

I like to keep bettas in a planted tank as they do appreciate the plants, particularly broad leaf plants like anubus. Plants also help to keep the water chemistry stable as they suck up the ammonia and nitrites. My betta Draco is currently living with a small school of micro rasboras and they get on fine.

I like sandy bottoms and small round pebbles instead of manufactured aquarium gravel just because it looks more natural and drift wood.

Gypsy13
Mine are in an oceonic 75 gallon tank. I absolutely love the look of this tank. Then I use an aquaclear 110. I'm at the other end of the spectrum for a betta tank. Lol

Show it again! I love this tank!

I have mine at the store because so far I’ve been able to tell my heart no. No no no! Hubby was describing one early this morning for me. My heart is getting pushy. So, since IF I get one it’ll have to be a rescue, mine is in a tiny little cup with little to no fins, skinny, droopy. Stop it! NO!

IHaveADogToo
I have one male betta in a 10 gallon tank with an african dwarf frog as a tank mate, with a sponge filter, another male betta on my desk at work in a Top Fin Enchant 3.5 gallon bowfront tank (work said I could only get up to a 2 gallon tank but I managed to get away with pushing that limit) with no tank mates (he used to live with shrimp but he starved them out), and I have 8 female bettas in a 29 gallon sorority/community tank.

JamieXPXP

Looking for a good brand of tank and size
Everything I look at everyone complains of how bad the filter is or the tank leaks or something. Lol!
I need to upgrade her tank ASAP.
I have mine a marineland 5.5g rectangle tank with a sponge filter and eheim jager 25w adjustable. the tank fairly cheap and its more long and wide then it is tall

Dch48
Mine is in a TopFin Enchant 3.5 gallon. I'm using the filter and light it came with and my plants are growing well. The Betta is doing great and has a Zebra Nerite snail and a small Magenta Mystery snail as friends. for plants I have an Anubias Nana, a Java Fern Windelov, a water Wisteria, and a moss ball. The tank parameters stay fine with doing weekly one gallon water changes. The nitrates never even reach 20 and are usually around 10. I have had the tank 8 1/2 weeks and I'm still using the same filter cartridges. I recommend this tank for a Betta. It's not too small and everything it comes with works fine. I just added a 20W TopFin Betta heater that also works great.

Fanatic
I have four bettas, rather not explain everything I have for them, it’ll be too long to even read! Here’s a photo of my 2.5 gallon planted tank, it has a HMPK female right now.

E701178F-F89B-44BA-9DF3-207ACF4D0B3C.jpeg
F6CBD15A-514A-45C4-BF14-45241CCA6B99.jpeg
I currently have a nana anubias, congensis sword, corkscrew and regular valisineria.

CanadianFishFan

upload_2018-6-6_12-58-17.pngHeres before I added water to my old divided tank.

Dch48
Here's my TopFin 3.5 Enchant. The bowed front distorts things somewhat. Things at the rear get magnified.

Nicole B
I have mine a marineland 5.5g rectangle tank with a sponge filter and eheim jager 25w adjustable. the tank fairly cheap and its more long and wide then it is tall
Where did you buy yours?

devin s.
I would get a five gallon, then after 2-3 years, upgrade him to a ten. (That's what I did with mine, and he's looking really healthy)

Nicole B
View attachment 444873Heres before I added water to my old divided tank.
If only I had room I would do this! After having my own first Betta I really like them! She has so much more personality than my mollies. Lol
I want another Betta. Lol

Nicole B
I would get a five gallon, then after 2-3 years, upgrade him to a ten. (That's what I did with mine, and he's looking really healthy)
Planning on getting a 5! Only thing is I can’t find just a plain 5 gallon tank. Only kits. And I read horrible reviews so I end up not getting it. Lol

Dch48
Most bettas don't live that long though.

Dch48
If only I had room I would do this! After having my own first Betta I really like them! She has so much more personality than my mollies. Lol
I want another Betta. Lol
Bettas are full of personality but some are grumpy and mean. My sister had one I swear looked like he stuck his tongue out at her when he was annoyed lol.

Nicole B
Bettas are full of personality but some are grumpy and mean. My sister had one I swear looked like he stuck his tongue out at her when he was annoyed lol.
I can’t tell if mines grumpy or excited when she sees us. She freaks out and does something weird with her Mouth but she doesn’t look like she’s mad. Lol!

JamieXPXP
Where did you buy yours?
I bought mine at petvalu but I think you can also get it at petco or petsmart.

Aquilist
I have mine in a 3+ gallon aquaponics tank. Planning on soon adding live plants to the inside as well as outside

Rook
My betta boy is in a 5 gallon. He's got a little mountain cave and some silk plants. I moved him to a nicely planted 10 about a year after I got him, and I hardly ever saw him. He hid constantly for about 6 months! I switched him back to his 5 and he's actually out and about more, comes over to see me, etc. Bigger isn't always better, at least for Horik. Hah

I kept FlokI in a 10 and he loved the space. I have the urge for another betta but I don't want to resurrect my 10 or buy another 5, so I'm resisting...for now. Tempted to get a 3.5 but I just set up a 29 for my other fishes, so I'm waiting.

MyBettasSammyAndEllis

I hate when people say this. My betta was originally living in a 2 gallon tank and was very happy. Just because they do better In bigger spaces doesn’t mean there is a “required minimum of 5 gallons”. No, I would not go smaller then 2 gallons but 5 is not by any means a small tank and a betta could live a happy, long life in smaller.

Here's my TopFin 3.5 Enchant. The bowed front distorts things somewhat. Things at the rear get magnified.

I had that tank for about 3 days and loved it but the filter ended up getting extremely loud and I couldn’t fix it so I had to take it back and went ahead and got a 5.5 gallon tank. I was so upset because I loved it! How’s your filter doing?

I originally had a topfin 2 gallon but decided to go bigger after about a month and a half so then I got the topfin 3.5 enchant tank and the filter starting acting up so when I went to petsmart they gave me a new filter that was way too big for the tank and it didn’t even work anyways so I just got fed up and exchanged the 3.5 for a 5.5 gallon topfin starter kit and I absolutely love it! No problems yet and Me and Sammy (my male Halfmoon Betta) both love it!!
IMG_4878.jpg
IMG_4877.JPG
IMG_4866.jpg

Dch48
I had that tank for about 3 days and loved it but the filter ended up getting extremely loud and I couldn’t fix it so I had to take it back and went ahead and got a 5.5 gallon tank. I was so upset because I loved it! How’s your filter doing?
Filter works perfectly. I never even hear it. I put an inline switch in the cord so I can turn it off when feeding or doing water changes.

The only thing I worry about with my tank is what if the filter or light stops working? I can't find any replacements for the light and only one filter that might work and still fit under the hood. I saw where they just switched out the hood for somebody from another one they had in stock. Maybe they would do that for me but with my luck, something will stop working just after the tank gets discontinued

Fanatic
Filter works perfectly. I never even hear it. I put an inline switch in the cord so I can turn it off when feeding or doing water changes.

Why does it need turning off while feeding?

Dch48
Why does it need turning off while feeding?
Just so the betta gets flake food easier and less of it sinks. The feeding hatch is right in line with the filter outflow which I keep submerged so the current goes across the surface of the water. He does seem to enjoy chasing his food though.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
alderaanxplaces
Top Bottom