What Does A Hungry Betta Look Like? Question

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Mmmph, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Mmmph

Mmmph Valued Member Member

I got a betta from petsmart a week ago. He is quite active and often pecks at the leaves and gravel in my tank. There are some tiny flea-like critters that dashes around my tank, as well as a few other unidentified tiny organisms. I’m not sure if this betta is feeding himself off of these organisms, but he never pays attention when I feed him fish food (tried Aqueon betta food, tubifex worms, and tropical flakes so far). I tried pushing the food to him with a toothpick, but he’d just wander off. Since the betta is from petsmart, I doubt he was spoiled on frozen bloodworms and such. So is he just not hungry?

2. Repolie

Repolie Well Known Member Member

The betta probably got spoiled after being in a tank with live foods that stimulate his natural instincts to hunt and seeing a unmoving food made him uninterested. Try getting a grindal worm culture, the moving worms should make him tempted to eat. A betta that has associated you with food, tend to do a "wiggle dance" up against the glass or look like they're begging you for food. That's what a hungry betta will usually look like, though many of them are just gluttons and will eat until they die.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice