what does a 9 inch loach do all day?

1. Junne Fishlore Legend Member

Well if you are as big as Yetti, you eat and you sleep all day. Here he is sleeping on a fake plant AND SNORING! I see bubbles coming out of his mouth!

yetti sleeping 2 6-22-16.jpg

yetti sleeping 6-22-16.jpg

2. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

Man I love your dojo loach. Every time I see him it makes me wish I could keep one. But short of spending thousands of dollars on an aquarium cooler, my water just gets way too hot for them in the summers

3. Junne Fishlore Legend Member

Ah thanks! He is my favorite loach - loves to be petted and just waits for me to come up to the glass! Who says loaches aren't personable! Do you keep your ambient temps in the house cool? I usually keep my place cool at around 72 degrees in the summer..... We usually never get below 50 degrees here in the winter and the summers can get up to 100 but usually we stay around 90 at the hottest times of the year.

4. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

We keep the ambient temps at about 76 but in the summers the tanks always seem to stay warmer than the outside air. Don't really know why. I'd probably have to keep the house at about 70 and I'd have a hard time explaining to the wife that we need to have a really high electric bill and be chilly through the summers so the loaches can be comfy :)

5. BriLandy Well Known Member Member

Lol how cute.

6. RockLobster Member Member

Haha goofy looking fella

7. aliray Fishlore VIP Member

What cute pictures. Love that face. I also would love to have one but I don't have a big enough tank, I will just enjoy the Yetti pictures. Alison:;hi1

8. zcpetty Well Known Member Member

Thats a big one! He looks so happy! Lol

9. Junne Fishlore Legend Member

Thank you. Yetti is so personable I forget he is a fish. He is definitely goofy with his noises he makes to the way he swims around the world when it's feeding time. At 9 inches long, I'm told he is not even full grown. :)

10. zcpetty Well Known Member Member

Thats awesome! How big will he get!?

11. Junne Fishlore Legend Member

I'm told around 10 inches but I have heard other people who have had them grow up to 12 inches! :eek:

I don't mind at all but I have to wonder about his little friend I got 8 months ago who has barely grown at all and is still about 3 inches as you can see by this picture. My son named him "Spaghetti" because he thinks it looks like a strand of spaghetti. LOL

yetti and spaghetti 5-27-16.jpg

12. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

What noises does he make?

13. Junne Fishlore Legend Member

He makes what sounds like "clicking" noises with his mouth..........When I first got him, I kept hearing this from the tank and couldn't figure out what it was - then one day I saw him coming up to the surface and making these noises..... LOL

14. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

Every time you post a pic of him in my mind I'm figuring out how to convince the wife I need another big tank lol

15. Junne Fishlore Legend Member

Buy her some nice $$$ jewelry. J/K - LOL - or just "ask" her permission.... the latter works just as well :)

16. Geoff Well Known Member Member

Or just go and buy the tank, and then ask for her forgiveness instead.

17. Junne Fishlore Legend Member

That never works, my friend. Better to butter the bread FIRST before you drop it! Just sayin'

18. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Of course it works! He'll have the tank won't he?;)

19. zcpetty Well Known Member Member

It IS dollar per gal sale time..

20. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

Ha. I floated the idea out there tonight about setting up a 55 gallon....the look I got in return was enough to know that isn't happening anytime soon