What do you use to reinforce your shelves?

Nourhanateout22

Hello! I'm starting a new 16 gallon tank soon, I already have a 15 gallon. I want a more sturdy shelf, it's better safe than sorry. My current shelf is an Amazon basics shelf that hold 350 pounds per shelf but I would rather get something more sturdy. Is this brand reputable? This one is from home depo. Link is below. Also how would I reinforce the shelves for extra measure? I saw youtube videos using plywood, how thick should I get them and what kind? Do I need to drill supports into wall and which do I use?

This is my first time having anything other than my 15 gallon and I want to take all safety measures. Thank you! :)

Edsal Black 4-Tier Heavy Duty Steel Garage Storage Shelving (36 in. W x 60 in. H x 18 in. D)-UR-364BLK - The Home Depot

BigManAquatics

I used whatever brand of wire utility shelf walmart sells, forget the name. I found them sturdy. Did use plywood between the tanks and shelves, forget if it was 1/2" or 3/4" thick though. I did look at shelves like the ones you linked though. Those should work as well. Often the ones with those heavier load limits will come with hardware to use the wall to help suppirt the shelves.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Flyfisha
Replies
Views
NightShift
Replies
Views
quirkylemon103
Replies
Views