What do you have in your 10 gallon?

Skrabbitskrabbit

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Looking for inspiration for a 10 gallon I’m setting up. I’d love a school of something small plus mystery snail(s) and other fish to add variety if possible. Wondering what everyone else has in their 10 gallon tanks.

OP
Skrabbitskrabbit

Skrabbitskrabbit

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Lebeeze said:
A betta as your centerpiece is always a good choice! They are awesome
I have a betta in another tank! He’s awesome but looking for something different. He also won’t tolerate anything else in there besides a nerite snail that is usually hiding.

OP
Skrabbitskrabbit

Skrabbitskrabbit

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
kallililly1973 said:
I have a bunch of guppies of all ages a couple Cory cats ( waiting to catch them to add to my 55 ) an Otto cat a couple nerites and some ramshorn snails
Beautiful tank I hope to be able to keep some luscious plants in there too!

Dewclaw83

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
In one of my tens I’ve got a male Betta imbellis with a small school of neon tetras. In another I have a single male Betta mahachaiensis. And shortly here, I’ll have one with one (maybe two? Depends on the fish) Scarlet Badis and a small school CPDs. They’re on their way in the mail rn

AQUA_LOVER

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I personally try to avoid 10-gallon tanks as much as possible. My trusted LFS calls them fish killers as any small change in water parameters will kill the whole tank. With that being said, I do have some 10 gallons for QT, a 6 gallon for a Betta, and some lightly stocked 15 gallons. but I would warn you to be VERY careful with your parameters.

SM1199

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
AQUA_LOVER said:
I personally try to avoid 10-gallon tanks as much as possible. My trusted LFS calls them fish killers as any small change in water parameters will kill the whole tank. With that being said, I do have some 10 gallons for QT, a 6 gallon for a Betta, and some lightly stocked 15 gallons. but I would warn you to be VERY careful with your parameters.
Try telling that to my CPDs who were all happy and thriving (in fact, some fry were produced in this period) when my filter quit in my planted 10 gallon and I didn't replace it for months, nor did I do more than two water changes in that whole time :eek:

Debbie1986

Well Known
Reaction score
I really enjoyed neons & black neons in my 10 gallon before I upgraded. they schooled much better than in my 38 long.

*My skirt tetra went on a killing rampage so I up graded the tank last july. Fun times. Jack the ripper is still with me, no kills in months, so it's all good.

definitely be careful about space & territorial fish. Bad water change really messed me up. so yeah, water parameter much more forgiving with larger volume of water.

ghostdawg

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My BSTs get along fine with my zebra danios and Ember Tetras. Though some weeks ago I did find a ZD dead in the tank. I'm not sure what happen to it but the others began picking at it.

OniEG

Reaction score
I have over 100 shrimps with moss that's the size of 1/2 the tank.

New Threads