What do you feed your fish? Question

1. AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

I'm just wondering what other fish keepers feed their fish and what's their feeding schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. escapay Well Known Member Member

I do not have a proper feeding schedule - though should develop one. Especially with feeding the frozen foods.

I attempt to give a variety of foods - I have 2 different types of flakes (Omega One and Marineland), NLS pellets (the really small size and then the size up from there), and shrimp pellets (Aqueon). I also have frozen foods: Daphnia, brine shrimp, and bloodworms.

The shrimp pellets and larger NLS pellets go to the Kuhli Loaches (I alternate which ones I feed). My tanks get either flakes or pellets, again I alternate. Generally with my smallest fish in the 12 gallon long, they get crushed flakes because they are so small that the pellets are too much.

Oh, I do have some small cichlid pellets (I think Cobalt brand) that I feed to my Angelfish. And I have algae rounds from Hikari for the BN Pleco - though I need to find something else for him, because he doesn't seem to care for those anymore. He does get zucchini on occasion, but depends on the quality that is available.

On other days that I don't feed pellets or flakes, I also feed the frozen. I alternate what I feed, though smallest fish (12 gallon) just gets daphnia because the brine shrimp is too big. I've not done bloodworms in a long time though - usually just the other two.

This kind of inspires me, I should make up a proper schedule... and final bit - I don't always feed the fish every day. Sometimes I forget a couple days in a row to feed them. XD

3. AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

Thank you for sharing. That's a nice variety of fish food.

4. smee82 Well Known Member Member

I feed a Chinese brand flakes and microworms almost daily. Then they get fed live and frozen bloodworms, live daphnia and vinegar eels every once in a while depending on what i've got the most of at the time. Oh and I cant forget the fresh veggies as well and algae pellets for the shrimp.

Like escapay i might also go 2 or 3 days without feeding them aswell

5. AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

That's really good

6. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

I have mostly corys, Oto's & rasboras. I feed a variety of frozen & live foods, bloodworm, brine shrimp, cyclops, daphnia etc plus tetra tabimin & new era catfish pellets for the corys.
    The rasboras love the cyclops& they also get Hikari micro pellets & new era flakes, the Oto's get courgette & I drop in an algae wafer a couple of times a week.

7. AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

Nice variety. I should get more variety of foods