What do you feed your fish? (Guppy/tetra/corys)

DC90

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Looking to add some variety for my fish, I've only ever fed them flakes or cucumber. Is there anything else I could look to feed them? The centre near me sell live bloodworm, could this be a good option? If so, what are the rules on using this food? Any other options or advice would be much appreciated! My tank consists of tetra/guppys/panda corys

nicole4434

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You could Do live Blood worms or Frozen Blood worms, there's Brine shrimp, Tublifex worms, I give mine peas (they love them) My corys will eat anything that hits the bottom even if it wasn't meant for them, lol

There are many other live or frozen foods so hopefully someone else will come on You could do live shrimp as well I have an RCS Tank and evey now and then I thrown in some babes

OP
DC90

DC90

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Does the same feeding rule apply "let them eat all they can for two minutes and then remove"? Thanks for the quick reply

nicole4434

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes and as most of these are packed with high protein they are better left with only replacing 1 of your feeding times every so often, and I usually only do a few blood worm and they are gone within seconds so you don't want to do more than 2 blood worms perfish

Ewic

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My guppys like omega one flakes and frozen blood worms.

Tried giving them frozen brine shrimp but they just spit it out. Not even my Betta is interested.

I feed my snails zucchinI and tried broccolI and they love it! My fish were curious but I think it was too hard for them.

Bluestreakfl

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
In my guppy tank the daily is omega one flakes. Once a week they'll get a small chunk of algae wafer, which they'll nibble to death until it's gone. I also use omega one seaweed sheets once a week, just tear off a small piece and put it on the veggie clip. I also soak one or two of the weekly feedings in garlic juice which keeps appetite healthy and helps the fishes immune system.

Gekco

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I feed my fish Omega One Tropical Flakes, just picked up Omega One Super Colour Flakes I'll be feeding them that soon once the other on runs out. Also feed them Omega One Freeze Dried Blood Worms once and a while.

blklex460

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
How does the Omega One tropical flakes and Omega One Super Colour Flakes compare? I mean, which is more nutritious or better for tetras/guppies? Or is it really just personal preference?

Gekco

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
blklex460 said:
How does the Omega One tropical flakes and Omega One Super Colour Flakes compare? I mean, which is more nutritious or better for tetras/guppies? Or is it really just personal preference?
I believe the Super Colour Flakes have more fish in them, not sure will need to check when I get home. They are close though, the colour flakes are supposed to bring the colour out on the fish more.

New Threads