What Do You Feed Your Endlers?

Discussion in 'Endlers Livebearers' started by AbrielleRose, Apr 17, 2017.

1. A

AbrielleRose New Member Member

Hi, I just picked up my first endlers livebearers last Friday. I have Cobalt Premium flake food with probiotics blend. I crush it real fine for my little guys, but they keep spitting it out, even the fine stuff that is small enough for their mouths. I also have frozen baby brine shrimp, but they can't live on that alone. So I'm looking for ideas on what kind of flake food and other food blends I can give these guys to keep them happy. Thanks.

2. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

Hello!

Although there are lot of foods that you can feed, you should actually two things you can do first before picking up new food. Firstly, you should go back to whom you bought them from and ask what they were eating/raised on; like small children, they probably are being stubborn about new food. Secondly, if you cant get ahold of the original owner, try starving them (and/or the tank) for a day or two and try again; they'll most likely eat when they're hungry. I don't believe you're having a size issue of the food, I believe the endlers are just being picky!

Hope this helps and best of luck!

3. Al913

Al913 Fishlore VIP Member

Agree with above, however I suggest starving them for 2 days at least :). Most fish will do just fine skipping a day of food so it might not be that effective

4. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Personally, I feed my Endlers aqueon flakes. I've had many hundreds, if not thousands of Endlers. They are not picky fish. How long has your tank been running? There may be something else going on.

5. Njk

Njk New Member Member

I feed mine hikari micro pellets, omega one color flakes, frozen daphnia, frozen baby brine and frozen brine shrimp. And sometimes frozen mysis shrimp.

6. OP
    OP
    A

AbrielleRose New Member Member

Hmm...I thought regular brine shrimp would be too big for them. I did just pick up some of those micro pellets this morning to try out. I can't find frozen daphnia at any of my LFS. When I asked, the guy told me they had frozed blood worms, the same as daphnia. I was like, no, blood worms are not daphnia. LOL. My guys are getting better about eating the other stuff now.

7. OldFort Exotics

OldFort Exotics Valued Member Member

I feed flake food (kens fish)2 or 3 times a day. On top of the flake food I feed green beans(out of a can is fine) 3 or 4 times a week, good quality small African cichlid pellets(once per day) and algae wafers (on days I don't feed beans).

The flake is the bulk of the food but I like having the beans and wafers in the water so they can graze thru the day. The cichlid pellets are kinda the same they really can't eat them whole but graze thru the day.

8. Njk

Njk New Member Member

Yeah, the males struggle to find small enough pieces, but the females have no issues.

I also do feed a algea wafer every now and then.

9. Seyff

Seyff Valued Member Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice