10 Gallon Tank What do you all think of my new setup??

A201

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think you are off to a very good start. Adding a few big rounded rocks & driftwood, you'll have a show tank.

MayaBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I think you are off to a very good start. Adding a few big rounded rocks & driftwood, you'll have a show tank.
Do I need to routinely clean natural decor (like rocks or real driftwood) the same I would a resin decoration?

A201

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Petsmart sells XL aquarium cleaning wire brushes. The brushes have a long plastic handle. They come in a 3-pack and cost about six dollars. I use mine to brush algae off the decor. They work great and you don't have to remove decor to clean.

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Looking awesome! A nice centerpiece formation with driftwood and round rocks would be great in there (and, you could look into a dwarf pleco, say a snowball pleco even, to "help" clean your driftwood)

MayaBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Looking awesome! A nice centerpiece formation with driftwood and round rocks would be great in there (and, you could look into a dwarf pleco, say a snowball pleco even, to "help" clean your driftwood)
I was thinking some otos and snails

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Otos need groups and wouldnt have enough space in a 10g with 6, i dont think. Snails yes are good though

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
@MissNoodle
A dwarf pleco in a 10g? No.
Actually yes, you can, though theyre not common to find. You can keep ONE dwarf pleco like a mini snowball pleco in a 10g if theres only 1 or 2 other fish in it and the owner maintains heavy water changes. Theres no textbook rules to anything with fish, you know. These plecos stay under 3 inches, smaller even than clown plecos.

I wouldnt house them in an already heavy stocked tank, but if someone has say just a betta, its perfectly reasonable to house one with proper maintenance.

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I used safestart. And I also took some water from my current tank.
Okay, how long ago did you add the safestart? Did you get a test kit so you can monitor ammonia, nitrites and nitrates while you're tank is cycling? Here's some information you might want to read before you put any fish in your tank.
Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle We can help you get your tank cycled without risking the health or life of any fish (not to mention the $ you spent on them)

MayaBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Okay, how long ago did you add the safestart? Did you get a test kit so you can monitor ammonia, nitrites and nitrates while you're tank is cycling? Here's some information you might want to read before you put any fish in your tank.
Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle We can help you get your tank cycled without risking the health or life of any fish (not to mention the $ you spent on them)
I’m waiting 24 hrs before testing the water, let alone even considering adding my friends. I’m upgrading from a five gallon so I’m somewhat familiar with the drill :)

FinalFins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
If you had a 10 long, then that is more appropriate but a standard 10 is not suitible in anyway for any dwarf pleco. A a grow out tank, sure but you need to move it to a bigger tank. And I know there is not a textbook so IM trying to get the fish to live in the best environment possible.

edited-typo

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
A 10 *long* isnt even a common thing, if it exists outside of custom lol whatever floats your boat, i guess, but there are no right and wrongs, your experience isnt the only way.

Anywho, let's stop hijacking MayaBetta's post. I'm sure this isnt helpful to them to have children bickering back and forth.

MayaBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My friend gave me a giant rock with a hole in the center from his old aquarium 20yrs ago. Baking (only for rocks that have no chance of moisture) it to sterilize and then put in the tank

FinalFins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
EEEE

dont bake them. Sometimes they have air pockets and will explode. never experienced it though and dont want to anytime.

I think a soak with chorinated warm water should be fine.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom