What Do You Add To Your Aquarium?

sazsez
Just wondered what people add to their tanks weekly as part of their maintenance if anything?

Weekly we do a 25% pwc and add a scoop of minerals (for the r/o water), some Tetra Aquasafe (just in case), 10 Aquapure Balls and Tetra EasyBalance... I was adding Tetra Filter Active weekly but am reducing to monthly now we're established...

Thinking of changing to API Stress Coat instead of Aquasafe...

Platylover
I usually just add Prime and IAL on some of my tanks.

BluMan1914
The only thing I add to my tank after a water change is Prime. Nothing else is needed.
Also long as your tank is cycled, you don't need anything else to help maintain the cycle.

Fashooga
I've been doing bi-weekly water changes...I drain 50% and add my Stress Coat into the tank and fill it up. That's it, I walk away and clean up and pack up the fish stuff so the wife doesn't yell at me.

raiderRN4L
just started my tank up 2 weeks ago and doing a non fish cycle... so far just been doing 25% water changes every other day and using Seachems Prime and Stability and some fish food as ammonia source.... Will get a API master test kit later this week and see how things are going.

Lunnietic
I only use Prime for weekly water changes.

If its one of those changes where I am aquascaping or I decided to clean out the filter I will add stability as a precaution. (Might be because I am paranoid).

Greg F
Prime and flourish for the plants at every water change.

sazsez
I don't want to fall into the *newbie spending way too much money* category! Will drop the EasyBalance... Thought Stress Coat over Prime cos it is r/o water and doesn't really need treating... ?

CanadianFishFan
I do prime, salt (if needed), IAL

RSababady
I do a 25% of the tank capacity wc every fortnight, but have to add an additional 15% water due to evaporation - so effectively I take out 25% through hoovering and add 40% fresh water (of the total tank capacity).

I use Tetra's aquasafe, but also add macro elements for the water ( I have a planted tank). Every two days I add micro elements (as per dosage specs on container). Once a month I test for phosphates and add if and when they are required.

Sakana魚
I do prime, flourish and excel (once a month root tabs). I have a planted tank tho.

Lunnietic
I don't want to fall into the *newbie spending way too much money* category! Will drop the EasyBalance... Thought Stress Coat over Prime cos it is r/o water and doesn't really need treating... ?
You can keep with Stress Coat. Lots of people use prime if we are using water straight from our taps because it detoxifies ammonia and nitrite up to 1ppm combined. Stress coat removes chlroine and chromatic just like prime does.

RO removes ammonia and nitrite I believe. So Prime isn't 100% necessary because you already have something removing chlorine. You can switch over if you'd like after the stress coat is empty? If not keep doing what you are doing.

sazsez
You can keep with Stress Coat. Lots of people use prime if we are using water straight from our taps because it detoxifies ammonia and nitrite up to 1ppm combined. Stress coat removes chlroine and chromatic just like prime does.

RO removes ammonia and nitrite I believe. So Prime isn't 100% necessary because you already have something removing chlorine. You can switch over if you'd like after the stress coat is empty? If not keep doing what you are doing.

The r/o is stripped of everything including the good stuff (which is why I have to add the scoop of minerals) Didn't think I needed to treat it but then the guy in the LFS said I should *just in case*!

Just using up the Aquasafe then changing over

RSababady
Don't want to change the subject, but do you really have to use RO filtered water?

david1978
Well between the top offs and 25-30% monthly water changes I add...... Water. Yep just water aint I lucky. Lol

EbiAqua
All I add is some kind of fertilizer, be it dry ferts or something like Easy Green.

Since the freshwater tank I set up for work uses RO I add Equilibrium and Flourish after my weekly water change.

sazsez
Don't want to change the subject, but do you really have to use RO filtered water?

Our water has always been extremely hard and is high in Ammonia...

skar
I use prime and add a very small amount of salt.
Also rotate with flourish - k / complete / Trace and excell.

I've used the API stuff before ( stress coat / leaf zone) they didn't work well for me.

alex1993
I use TensionGon for stress coat, Atvitol for fish multivitamins, and Flourish for the plants

RAM3423
I am friends with a guy who is a pro at this (7 years) he has endangered species in his basement that were trusted to him to help them get back out of endangerment. He says that the less chemicals you add the better. Try solving thing naturally. Just do water changes and get some driftwood and almond leaves and you should be find. If anything comes up then find a natural way to fix it.

Liquidhorses
Just prime and sometimes stress coat for my water changes!

tropez
Just wondered what people add to their tanks weekly as part of their maintenance if anything?

Weekly we do a 25% pwc and add a scoop of minerals (for the r/o water), some Tetra Aquasafe (just in case), 10 Aquapure Balls and Tetra EasyBalance... I was adding Tetra Filter Active weekly but am reducing to monthly now we're established...

Thinking of changing to API Stress Coat instead of Aquasafe...

Seachem Prime when doing water changes or to treat non-0 levels of ammonia/nitrite.
Seachem Flourish 1-2 times per week for water column feeding live plants.
Seachem Fourish Tabs every 3 moths for root feeding live plants.
Seachem Stability daily when cycling until I see nitrites show up.

Hunter1
Prime for water changes

Flourish and Excel day one, just Excel day 2, nothing day three, repeat. I’m gone most weekends so the tank usually just gets Flourish 2Xs and Excel 4Xs a week.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
NavigatorBlack
Replies
Views
Viriam Karo
Replies
Views
Wraithen
Replies
Views