What do u thinks on my shark?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by AngelFishLuv1, Mar 27, 2010.

1. A

AngelFishLuv1 New Member Member

I noticed a patch of gray colored scales on my red tail shark the day after putting 3 otto cats in. cant tell if he got bit or something else. I have a pic, what do u think?

Attached Files:

2. l

leeishom Valued Member Member

nice.
    you might wanna clear for more space.

3. Furallicah

Furallicah Well Known Member Member

Is it stringy looking? If thats the case it could be a fungus. But if it isnt I'd say he hurt himself somehow. What all is in the tank decor wise? Is there anything sharp he could of hurt himself on. I've never heard of cory cats bitting fish but I wouldnt say it was impossible.

4. OP
    OP
    A

AngelFishLuv1 New Member Member

There's a red lava rock on the other side of the tank with a bigger fabric plant behind it. its a 10 gallon with just him the cats and a couple of guppies and they all have no symptoms of anything. its not crowed by any means. here's a pic of the whole tank. The spot itself looks slightly raised but not stringy or gushie, or anything.

Attached Files:

5. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

He could've hurt himself on the castle. A 10g tank is way too small for him.
    You may want to consider re-homing him into a 55g tank. RTS really like their space.

6. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

+2
    he hurt or rubbed himself on something for sure.....and he will start to kill off others in the 10g as there isnt any room for him :(

keep his water prestine with some stress coat added so he doesnt get a serious infection on his boo boo

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice