What do u feed ur Red Parrot fishes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetstream2008

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi, please give me some insight what you guys feed to your Red parrot fishes.

I feed them TetraColor tropical flakes and TetraColor Tropical Flakes Plus.
I tried feeding them New Life Spectrum Cichlid Formula but they won't eat them but spits it out. I guess its not for them. Is Tetracolor enough as their main source of food? And what quality foods u guys feed them each time..a big pinch? How many times do you guys feed them a day? Thanks

Last edited:

JRDroid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Mine love the omega one floating cichlid pellets. I use the small size cause mine are juveniles. I also put aqueon betta pellets and omega one tropical flakes. I don't know if they eat the others or not, I put them in for my other fish (my rainbows love betta pellets), but I do see the parrots picking out the cichkid pellets and chaising the rainbows away from that particular item.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

I feed my Bloody Parrots once a day. The staple that I use is in the link below. Note the pellets come in different sizes:

They are also fed Cichlid Sticks, broken Algae Wafers, Cichlid Pellets, Shrimp Pellets, they get a mixture of all of these every day. (note: I have 11 Bloody Parrots)

Every 5 days I give them a treat of SF BAY Freeze Dried Krill that has been pre-soaked.. They also love bits of Romaine Lettuce

Ken

Jetstream2008

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi, thanks for the reply guys.

Its just that I don't know how many times and how much to feed them a day. I have fed them up to 3 to 4 times a day and they ate...I bet if I add more they will still eat. Every time I walk up to or by the tank they would follow me as if they are still hungry. The reason I feed them more becuz I worried they may die if I don't.

I have 6 Red Parrot fishes and other fishes.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Jetstream,

Most fish will always eat every time you feed them. Over feeding can be harmful to your fish and tank. I only feed once a day. Try to make sure everyone gets a bite or two and stop.

Keep in mind that most fish for the home aquarium only have a stomach the size of one of their eyes.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 57 64.8%

Top Bottom