What do i need to grow these plants?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by mikerox29, Jul 28, 2015.

1. m

mikerox29 Well Known Member Member

I recently picked up some live plants from my LFS.
    I can only remember two names for them and they teardrops and green hygro.
    I just need to know if I need fertilisers/CO2 for these plants?

Thanks

2. chrt396

chrt396 Well Known Member Member

The dwarf baby tears do best with fertilizers and co2. The hygro do well and really don't need much of anything...Even light is not an issue with them as much as other plants. Now...they appreciate fertilizers for fuller and more lush growth..but not as needy as other plants.
    Dolfan would be a great contributor. I know 1/1,000,000th of what he knows.

3. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

4. OP
    OP
    m

mikerox29 Well Known Member Member

Yes they are dwarf baby tears. Do you think they would survive with led lighting and ferts? Or would it be worth passing these on to someone who has CO2 capabilities

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

5. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

They won't carpet if you don't have pressurized CO2, if that's what you're asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

6. chrt396

chrt396 Well Known Member Member

I tried dwarf baby tears at the dismay of my local fish pro. He said that I could try..but dont expect any wonders. I mounted them to a little piece of slate..and after a while..even with two LED's and using Seachem Root Tabs, Seachem Flourish and Seachem Excel...they started going south. I pulled them and went with some really nice cyrpts instead.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice