What do I have?!

Discussion in 'Corydoras' started by Ziggi, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Ziggi

ZiggiWell Known MemberMember

I know the wider ones are females, I've also seen something about a more pointed dorsal fin being male?? How else can you sex cories?

:( I don't see a difference, so can ya'll tell: do I have all female?male?both?neither? (that'd be interesting!)
    2012-11-24 14.03.11.jpg

Is a better picture needed? I know they're all facing the wrong way -_-;

2. gourami88

gourami88Valued MemberMember

you need top down pictures. that is a sure fire way to tell.

3. OP
    OP
    Ziggi

Ok thanks!... that'll be interesting to get :;laughing I better find a camera strap first! I'll post what I get!

4. plecodragonWell Known MemberMember

It is hard to tell from the pic as the white sand makes it impossible to see the anal fins. Bronze cory females have more fan shaped anal fins which when breeding they form a basket with and carry the eggs around until they find a place they like and the males have more pointed ones. Females are also fatter looking and when really gravid they seem to rock on their bellies.

5. OP
    OP
    Ziggi

Overhead pics are gonna be alot harder than I thought due to duckweed/plants and high surface movement, here's some better pics anyways though:
    DSC00621.JPGDSC00622.JPGDSC00624.JPGDSC00625.JPGDSC00626.JPG

however I shot a video... dunno if this'll help any but if you can tell me what you think I have, maybe I can see it too instead of me just trying to guess :p [video=youtube;sw39B2B_vtA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw39B2B_vtA[/video]

6. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice