What do i feed my shrimp

UwUUsername

can they eat fish pellets?

grac3

they will eat anything, though it's better if you buy shrimp specific pellets

UwUUsername

Should i give cucumber to my shrimp????!

awilkinson871

Depends on the type of shrimp. Cherries tend to eat biofilm, amanos prefer algae. Some may go for blanched veggies or shrimp food but it may take them awhile until they figure it out.

kallililly1973

What kind do you have?

awilkinson871

Should i give cucumber to my shrimp????!
What kind of shrimp do you have? You can blanch some and try. If it doesn't eat it in 24 hours take it out so it doesn't foul the tank.

UwUUsername

Cherry shrimp and ill get it out in 5 hours if i dont see my shrimp munching on it

awilkinson871

They usually eat biofilm so hopefully your tank has been running for a few months at least. The veggies and shrimp food can be added occasionally as a special treat.

UwUUsername

How often do i have to feed em veggies and btw if my lfs doesnt want my cherry shrimp what do i do with it because they breed fast

awilkinson871

Feeding is up to you. Shrimp can breed fast. If you have fish they may keep your population down. If not many people here sell them. You just have to be specific about the coloring and quality.

UwUUsername

3.5 gal cant add a fish UwU I hoped for a betta but its too smol

ruud

If they breed fast, then don't worry about feeding them...

GlennO

One of the best things about Cherry Shrimp is that there's very little that they won't eat so it's easy to give them lots of variety. As well as that, they eat biofilm and algae that just grows naturally on surfaces.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Ben777
Replies
Views
mattgirl
Replies
Views
BVUBeavers
  • Question
Replies