What do I feed my new BABY Pea Puffers?

Terra517

HELP!! I just got my new Pea Puffers that I ordered, and they are a lot smaller than I thought they would be. I was prepared to feed them ramshorn snails, but they aren’t fully grown yet. What should I feed them until they are big enough to eat the snails? Can I still feed them the snails. They are about half an inch maybe just a bit longer.

Demeter

They should still pick at the snails and eat them when they poke out of the shells. Be sure you are feeding frozen foods too, blood worms and brine shrimp are ideal.

Upvote 0

Terra517

Have you tried any frozen food chopped up into smaller pieces? Bloodworm, brine shrimp and daphnia could work. They may also still go for the snails.
Thanks!
They should still pick at the snails and eat them when they poke out of the shells. Be sure you are feeding frozen foods too, blood worms and brine shrimp are ideal.
Thank you!

Upvote 0

Ophitoxaemia

I feed live blackworms, which are small enough for CPD's to eat. Often they break into pieces that are quite small.

One thing I wish I knew before was to keep feeding frozen food so they stay used to it, mine used to but now refuses it.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
FishMich
  • Question
Replies
Views
aquachris