What do I feed my baby guppies?

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by Kaelajay04, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Kaelajay04New MemberMember

Ok, so I have newborn guppies, they are about 18 hours old. What do I feed them? I have tropical fish flakes which a couple of them have eaten. I also don't know how to transport them to another tank. Someone told recently told me to use a turkey baster or a net, but if I use the net will being out of water this young affect future references?

2. mammaguppyValued MemberMember

I breed guppies and platies. The babies just get the flakes after I crumble them up really small

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

Oh,and I use a net as well. It should not affect them unless u accidentally kill them by being too rough

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2015
  3. Bijou88Well Known MemberMember

Agreed, feed flakes crumbled up almost to a powder, i sink the food for the first couple weeks until they get the hang of eating off the surface. I use a net to transport my platy fry with no problems. Good luck with your little ones! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

4. DioAquaticsFishlore VIPMember

Agreed with the posts above, crushed up flakes will be fine. And I use a turkey baster to catch my guppy fry and it doesn't harm or hurt them at all. I think this is the easiest way to catch them becuase you don't get the net stuck on the plants and decorations.

5. Kaelajay04New MemberMember

Thank you every body. That helps a lot.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app