What do I feed my baby guppies?

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by Kaelajay04, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Kaelajay04New MemberMember

Ok, so I have newborn guppies, they are about 18 hours old. What do I feed them? I have tropical fish flakes which a couple of them have eaten. I also don't know how to transport them to another tank. Someone told recently told me to use a turkey baster or a net, but if I use the net will being out of water this young affect future references?

2. mammaguppy

mammaguppyValued MemberMember

I breed guppies and platies. The babies just get the flakes after I crumble them up really small

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

Oh,and I use a net as well. It should not affect them unless u accidentally kill them by being too rough

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2015
  3. Bijou88

Bijou88Well Known MemberMember

Agreed, feed flakes crumbled up almost to a powder, i sink the food for the first couple weeks until they get the hang of eating off the surface. I use a net to transport my platy fry with no problems. Good luck with your little ones! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

4. KingD

KingDFishlore VIPMember

Agreed with the posts above, crushed up flakes will be fine. And I use a turkey baster to catch my guppy fry and it doesn't harm or hurt them at all. I think this is the easiest way to catch them becuase you don't get the net stuck on the plants and decorations.

5. OP
    OP
    K

Kaelajay04New MemberMember

Thank you every body. That helps a lot.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice