What do i even need or do??

Discussion in 'Saltwater Beginners' started by FreshAquariums, Jul 4, 2016.

1. FreshAquariums

FreshAquariumsValued MemberMember

Ok so im really starting to get in on this whole saltwater fish tank thing, after I move im looking to get one! I don't know much so im doing my research and I heard blue damsels (think the name was) is a great saltwater starting fish. but im not so worried about the fish and things inside the tank itself yet as much as I am on how to set one up and how to maintain it when its all ready-to-go. if anyone has any tips that would be great! oh, also what's the easiest size of a saltwater aquarium to take care of?
    Thanks in advance! <3 :)

2. fisharegreat8962

fisharegreat8962Valued MemberMember

Here's a link that may be able to give you some more info:

And here's another one that seems a tad more detailed in other areas that may not have been too clear:

Hope this helps! :)

3. VickyBNew MemberMember

Those links look really helpful! It also never hurts to have a few books on hand. I have one book in particular that was extremely helpful for my tank setup, unfortunately I am currently traveling and not at home so I can't pass the name on.

It's been a few years since I set up my tank (which has since been broken down and put in storage due to other life events) but I remember feeling a little overwhelmed in the beginning as well. It helps if you have an idea of whether or not you are going to want coral for example, learning about live rock and the substrate are also important differences I found from my freshwater tanks.

4. Coradee

CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice