what do I do with my baby moliies

1. lulu0530 Initiate Member

One of my females had about 30 babies over a month ago. They are all healthy and getting big. However, I only have a 20 gallon tank and am afraid that if I release the babies I will be over run with mollies! I feel very proud of my babies but I can't keep them. Help!

2. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Hi Lulu,

you can try sell them to pet shops - generally I think the big chain stores wont take them but try some little independant stores.
    Otherwise, buy all our family aquariums and give them as gifts! ;)

3. Luke 16 Initiate Member

Most pet shops should take them of ur hands and sum may even pay u 4 them!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Luke 16 Initiate Member

Most pet shops should take them of ur hands and sum may even pay u 4 them!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. swimbunny Initiate Member

most small pet shops will take them, soe may pay you for them, and depending on if you live in a small town that has a PetCo, they might set up an aquarium in the store and put you're babbies in it, and let you sell them there. that's what i did when i had an abundance of mollies..., and platties, and bettas, and ghost shrimp, and bottem feeders, and.. oh i've lost count. ::) lol. good luck at finding hoes for your little ones!

6. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Lulu, you may also want to post in the classifieds if you are a member of any other forums (including this one!), and let folks know where you are, how much you will sell them for, and if you will ship fish, or it's pick up only. Aquabid is also another great place to sell your fish! ;)