What did you learn today?

1. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

We're never to old to learn & this morning I'm a prime example.
    I noticed in one of my tanks the holes in the spraybar looked to be a bit blocked.
    Hand went in & wiggled it to remove it . . . . you guessed it, sprayed my hair, clothes & the wall!
    Top tip, turn off the filter before attempting to remove spraybars :;sl
    What did you learn today?

2. renthus Well Known Member Member

Oooh, I like this thread :D

- I learned that I really need to write down what I need before I go into a store. I got the lid for my 12-Long cut, but then forgot to have them cut the notch for the filter.

- I learned that after cutting glass, it's best to avoid contact with the cut edge because it's still really sharp.

- I learned that HC is surprisingly easy to grow in good conditions

- I learned that iron+ root tabs float, but RU root tabs don't (what's up with that?)

- I learned that Amazon ships unmarked hazmats through UPS and then doesn't accept returns

- I found a new way to have an artificial autonomous agent learn new actions (computer science lesgo)

All that and it's only 8:20 AM :p

3. Jomolager Well Known Member Member

I learned that I should nor respond to Adam55 's posts while watching Wimbeldon. My response did not come out right. :(

4. hollie1505 Well Known Member Member

Lesson #1

No matter how much time you spend preparing and cooking a meal for a 13 month old, they will throw it in your face, scream at you and only eat the rubbish supermarket microwave meals.

Lesson #2

No matter how much time you spend preparing and cooking a meal for a fish, they will always eat it and enjoy every last morsal and beg you for more and more.

At least someone appreciates my hard work :)

5. Angelbear Well Known Member Member

lol, try getting a class of two year olds to eat more than just the fruit that comes with their meal.

6. hollie1505 Well Known Member Member

at least they eat their fruit ;) seriously though, i feel for you!xx

7. Angelbear Well Known Member Member

It can be hard but I like my 15 kiddos. A co-teacher and I work the class, and at least I can say I learn as much as my kids some days and get paid to play :). I don't blame them to much I have tasted the meals, we have to follow health standards so the food is not seasoned that much. Whole grain, meat, fruit, veggie, and dairy with every meal. I bribe them extra fruit to eat well.

Though me, I go down the street to mcdonallds, subway ect.....I would not enjoy that food with out salt.

8. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

I also learned today whilst walking my friends dog that I should have eyes in the back of my head & watch out for hidden puddles.
    I started the walk with a cute pale cream fluffy dog, I ended it with a black stinky mess

9. Angelbear Well Known Member Member

lol now that I can see happening.

10. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

I swear she can smell a puddle a mile off, I'm glad she isn't mine I couldn't cope with that regularly.
    I'm like a granny, I get to do the fun stuff & hand her back when she's filthy ;)

11. Angelbear Well Known Member Member

lol, I am sure her owners really appreciate that XD

12. frampy Well Known Member Member

I learned you can't love someone who doesn't love you. I learned life is hard and the choices you make effect all of the people who care about you. I learned not all questions have an answer. I learned life will still go on no matter how much you want it to go back to the way it was. I learned some pain of your heart is harder to take then physical pain. I learned not to care!!

13. psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

I learned my job is too stressful for my health.

I learned a 78 year old man can get homecare for an implant.