What did you learn today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Coradee, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Coradee

CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

We're never to old to learn & this morning I'm a prime example.
    I noticed in one of my tanks the holes in the spraybar looked to be a bit blocked.
    Hand went in & wiggled it to remove it . . . . you guessed it, sprayed my hair, clothes & the wall!
    Top tip, turn off the filter before attempting to remove spraybars :;sl
    What did you learn today?

2. renthusWell Known MemberMember

Oooh, I like this thread :D

- I learned that I really need to write down what I need before I go into a store. I got the lid for my 12-Long cut, but then forgot to have them cut the notch for the filter.

- I learned that after cutting glass, it's best to avoid contact with the cut edge because it's still really sharp.

- I learned that HC is surprisingly easy to grow in good conditions

- I learned that iron+ root tabs float, but RU root tabs don't (what's up with that?)

- I learned that Amazon ships unmarked hazmats through UPS and then doesn't accept returns

- I found a new way to have an artificial autonomous agent learn new actions (computer science lesgo)

All that and it's only 8:20 AM :p

3. Jomolager

JomolagerWell Known MemberMember

I learned that I should nor respond to Adam55 's posts while watching Wimbeldon. My response did not come out right. :(

4. hollie1505

hollie1505Well Known MemberMember

Lesson #1

No matter how much time you spend preparing and cooking a meal for a 13 month old, they will throw it in your face, scream at you and only eat the rubbish supermarket microwave meals.

Lesson #2

No matter how much time you spend preparing and cooking a meal for a fish, they will always eat it and enjoy every last morsal and beg you for more and more.

At least someone appreciates my hard work :)

5. AngelbearWell Known MemberMember

lol, try getting a class of two year olds to eat more than just the fruit that comes with their meal.

6. hollie1505

hollie1505Well Known MemberMember

at least they eat their fruit ;) seriously though, i feel for you!xx

7. AngelbearWell Known MemberMember

It can be hard but I like my 15 kiddos. A co-teacher and I work the class, and at least I can say I learn as much as my kids some days and get paid to play :). I don't blame them to much I have tasted the meals, we have to follow health standards so the food is not seasoned that much. Whole grain, meat, fruit, veggie, and dairy with every meal. I bribe them extra fruit to eat well.

Though me, I go down the street to mcdonallds, subway ect.....I would not enjoy that food with out salt.

8. OP
    OP
    Coradee

I also learned today whilst walking my friends dog that I should have eyes in the back of my head & watch out for hidden puddles.
    I started the walk with a cute pale cream fluffy dog, I ended it with a black stinky mess

9. AngelbearWell Known MemberMember

lol now that I can see happening.

10. OP
    OP
    Coradee

I swear she can smell a puddle a mile off, I'm glad she isn't mine I couldn't cope with that regularly.
    I'm like a granny, I get to do the fun stuff & hand her back when she's filthy ;)

11. AngelbearWell Known MemberMember

lol, I am sure her owners really appreciate that XD

12. frampy

frampyWell Known MemberMember

I learned you can't love someone who doesn't love you. I learned life is hard and the choices you make effect all of the people who care about you. I learned not all questions have an answer. I learned life will still go on no matter how much you want it to go back to the way it was. I learned some pain of your heart is harder to take then physical pain. I learned not to care!!

13. psalm18.2

psalm18.2Fishlore LegendMember

I learned my job is too stressful for my health.

I learned a 78 year old man can get homecare for an implant.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice