What Did I Get?

1. jtwizz Member Member

My LPS was having a sale on aquatic plants today 3 small bunches for 10.99, and as I've been wanting to add plants for awhile now, I got 6 problem is none of them were labeled so I have no idea what they were. I'm pretty sure 3 of the bunches are anachris and two of the bunches are some kind of grass? Hoping for a more specific ID, but then again I guess it could be just grass. The 6th bunch is my favorite, but they only had one, so i'd love to know what it's called so I can look for it elsewhere. Thanks in advance! Pictures attached
    20170713_182055.jpg
    20170713_182110.jpg
    20170713_182119.jpg

2. BeanFish Well Known Member Member

1- Elodea/Anacharis, two different ways of saying the same thing.
    2- Could you get a more clear picture? And rotate it for me too lol. Its like I see 2 different tipes of leafs in just one plant. The taller more elongated leafs are Melon Swords but the other leafs just confuse me completely.
    3- It actually looks like a household plant to me because of the leafs and how hard they look. If it isnt a household plant then it is a Dwarf chain sword.

3. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

First is Elodea/Anarchis.

4. jtwizz Member Member

Let's see if this helps? I tried a couple different angles.
    20170713_183458.jpg
    20170713_183507.jpg

5. BeanFish Well Known Member Member

Ok, definitely Melon sword now. The outer leafs look a bit weird tho. The red leafs in the middle are new growth, it will go green as it grows.

6. Piaelliott Well Known Member Member

It almost looks as if the outer leaves are from a crypt.

7. BeanFish Well Known Member Member

Yep, that is what confuses me. I have a Melon Sword and its new leafs do come out red and have that form, a narrow "arm" and then a big leaf on top so I think it is a Melon.