What Deficiency Could This Be ? Help

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by NanaW, Jun 19, 2019.

1. NanaWWell Known MemberMember

My plants are still not doing well I use tabs and easy green. When I first started using easy green my plants started looking better now not so great I have a Betta and 2 nirate snails any ideas? [​IMG]

2. WraithenFishlore VIPMember

Looks like several honestly. What are your nitrates at?

I've attached my favorite reference for deficiencies. Looks like low nitrates, potassium, and magnesium. I would shoot for nitrates and potassium first and then see what new leaves look like after a week. Cut off the brown and yellowing leaves. Also, make sure your rhizome isn't buried and or rotting. Freshwater-Plant-Nutrient-Deficiency.jpg

3. T'sTropicalTanksValued MemberMember

Seems like a deficiency in all the macronutrients (n,p,k). Cut off all the dying leaves since the dying leaves are hogging the nutrients to repair themselves, starving the remaining healthy leaves in turn starving them too. Feeding/ light schedule??

4. NanaWWell Known MemberMember

Easy Green by Aquarium Co-Op, tabs, light schedule is 3 hrs on bright 5 hrs off then 4 hrs on bright then off until next morning

5. WraithenFishlore VIPMember

Easy green assumes some things about your feeding, so that could be part of the problem. You could dose at least double what you are now and see if that helps.

All tabs are not created equal. Some are mostly macros, some are mostly micros, and some are mostly snake oil. Which brand are you using?

It's not hurting your plants, but unless you have algae issues I wouldn't do the siesta on lighting. I would just run it for 7 or 8 hours straight.

6. NanaWWell Known MemberMember

I am having an issue with Algae that is why I cut the lights back a bit my snails are not working very hard anymore