What corals can be placed together

Marsh980

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Is there a guide or any information out there on what corals can be safely placed together. I’ve searched YouTube, forums and the WWW but have been unable to find much solid information.

I understand the below play nice with each other but are there any key do's and dont's.
  1. Hammers, Frogspawns and Torches
  2. Zoas
  3. Mushrooms
I will ensure that the corals will be positioned in the correct PAR, depth, current, or as close as I can manage haha

Are there any definite miss-matches of corals?

This will be my first reef tank so I'll probably be avoiding SPS. I'll be sticking with softies and LPS.

Many thanks for any help.

Loretta

Reaction score
Interested in this subject also. Newbie here.

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Marsh980 said:
Hi all,

Is there a guide or any information out there on what corals can be safely placed together. I’ve searched YouTube, forums and the WWW but have been unable to find much solid information.

I understand the below play nice with each other but are there any key do's and dont's.
  1. Hammers, Frogspawns and Torches
  2. Zoas
  3. Mushrooms
I will ensure that the corals will be positioned in the correct PAR, depth, current, or as close as I can manage haga

Are there any definite miss-matches of corals?

This will be my first reef tank so I'll probably be avoiding SPS. I'll be sticking with softies and LPS.

Many thanks for any help.
Hey! I found this what corals are ok to be close to/touching each other? - Michigan Reefers
Look at post #5. It should help...

Marsh980

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thank you NC122606.

I’m going to draw my aquascape onto a few A3 pages so I can log the specific PAR readings at each part of the tank.

I’ll then be able to log where I would like to add each coral after lots of research, hence me asking these questions.

I’m a bit of a planner can’t you tell haha

saltwater60

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Only very like corals should be touching. Mushroom can touch mushrooms. Hammer can touch hammers. I’ve seen brain corals fight and kill other corals in the LPS family. The reef is a constant battle for space and that’s no different than in your tank.

Marsh980

Valued Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking selecting and positioning the corals is going to be tougher than choosing fish and deciding when to add them

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom