What Color Are My Juvenile Mystery Snails?? Question

Discussion in 'Snails' started by StormTrooper, Jun 19, 2018.

1. StormTrooper

StormTrooper Valued Member Member

I have like 65 of these guys, the bigger ones are in a separate tank. But I was wondering: what color (or kind) do you think these mystery snails are? They look very green to me, but sometimes too dull to actually tell. What do you guys think? Did I end up with Jade Mysteries?? (Hopefully!) Or do they look brown? I just need other opinions lol I've been looking at them for too long and can't decipher what color they are! Here are 2 pictures: one with flash and one without. IMAG0135.jpg IMAG0133.jpg

2. FishFor2018

FishFor2018 Well Known Member Member

They look a lot like jade rather than brown. There really cute though. I have to ask if there for sale?
    Good luck with them!

3. OP
    OP
    StormTrooper

Yknow I never really thought about that. I do have a lot and wouldn't mind selling some, lol. How much do people usually buy Jades for?

4. Adriifu

Adriifu Well Known Member Member

Agreed with above; they look like jade. Has more of a green-brown color.

5. FishFor2018

FishFor2018 Well Known Member Member

Usually $5 to $15 depending on shipping. If you are going to sell I will take one. I live in Orlando FL.

6. Rtessy

Rtessy Fishlore VIP Member

For the first 5-6 weeks, baby brown snails appear green... Just wanted to let you know

7. Pringlethesnail

Pringlethesnail Well Known Member Member

If you let me know the parent options I can tell you for sure.
    They’re either striped jade or a wild type. Striped jade can only be made by
    -chestnut x blue
    -jade x chestnut
    -striped jade x yellow
    -striped jade x white

8. OP
    OP
    StormTrooper

Well idk lol, they're 3 months old now and they're still green. The parents are a striped black mystery (male) and an Ivory/Gold Mystery (female).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice