What center piece fish?

Tonypeppers11

Reaction score
Hello during quarantine I’ve upgraded my 15G to a 29G tank and once I’m sure all the levels are good I’m looking to get a center piece fish. Here’s what I’m currently stocking.

-1 male guppy
-4 panda corys
-6 ember tetras
-6 neon tetras
-1 hillstream loach
-A variety of shrimp which I am ok with most of Becoming a snack because they wont stop breeding (assuming most center piece recs will munch on them)

I know I was over stocked before (hence the upgrade) but I’ve been on top of my water changes and definitely over filter the tank. All the inhabitants seem quite happy.

I really want a beautiful center piece fish, wanted to go angel but am scared of it eating my embers or neons. So think I’ve landed on Gouramis, I’m between a female powder blue or a pearl. What do you guys think? Any other center piece suggestions that work with my fish? Thanks so much! And I know I need more Pandas, now that I have room I will be adding 5/6 more. Also I like apistogrammas but would prefer something that hangs out mid top levels of tank.

ohfishstick

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
go with the gouramis. they come in many beautiful muti colored tones.

qldmick

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
pearl. they are more peaceful than other gouramis their size (the 3 spot varieties).

New Threads