What catfish?

JJBriant

Hello all, I have a 37 gallon tank that holds 9 zebra danios, 3 honey gouramis, 2 Apistogramma borelli, and a banded bushfish. It has a sand substrate and lots of driftwood and some rocks and a few ferns and some water wisteria. My water is 7.2 ph, 0, 0, and .10 nitrate. The water is moderately hard. I am contemplating adding a catfish of some kind. I have looked a little bit at banjo catfish but an open to other ideas. Or if I shouldn’t add let me know as well! Thank you

jkkgron2

I agree with CrispiI Corys are the best!

jinjerJOSH22

A smaller species of Mystus Catfish like 2 Spot? Although they come from peat swaps they are very much adaptable.

Loachland

Cories, or small Synos, like upside-down cats.

If your tank has some driftwood, you might be able to get a Farlowella, since your water seems very clean.

JJBriant

I might look Into the two spot one and the farlowella. I don’t really want cories just because I already have a bunch in another tank.

jinjerJOSH22

I might look Into the two spot one and the farlowella. I don’t really want cories just because I already have a bunch in another tank.
Look into Royal Farlowella, they are more hardy than "true" Farlowella.

Crispii

Red lizards is another option.

JJBriant

I ended up getting a twig catfish. Put him in, he stuck to a leaf for a while then I threw in an algae wafer and he ever so slowly dropped down to it. It took him about 10 minutes to move three inches lol. Very very interesting to watch

JJBriant

A little hard to see but there he is

Attachments

• 98630E71-E790-4504-B9B2-600C86D04EA7.jpeg
    98630E71-E790-4504-B9B2-600C86D04EA7.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 47

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Ouse
  • Question