What can you put in 2 2.5g?

1. cameronpalte Member Member

Hey guys,
    When my sister and I were young (around 8), my mom bought us 2 2.5g tanks. I think we kept a betta fish and 2 neon tetra's in each one (I think we were overcrowding them:)). Now, I have gotten into fish keeping and I have just gotten a 20g, but I have 2(2.5g), which I am thinking about maybe putting some fish in to build up my collection, but what could fit in a 2.5g tank and how many of them. List as many possibilites as possible. So for example 1 betta fish, or 3 neon fish. I will appreciate your help:).

2. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Shrimp! They do well in a 2.5g tank as long as it is filtered with proper parameters:)

A betta could also work depending on who you ask. I keep my bettas in 5g's, but a 2.5g could work. Hope this helps!

3. psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

Snails or plants.

4. angelfish220 Well Known Member Member

you could keep an ADF in each, I've never had them, but they are cuties from what I see on here!

5. Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

Hello there! :;hi2

I'm sure things have changed some since you last kept fish, and now you want to do it the right way. Please read up on the nitrogen cycle <--- click here. It's important that you understand how different toxins accumulate in your mini aquatic environment, and how you can get rid of them to keep your fish healthy.

Also, I'm not sure I understand what you'd like to do with your 2.5 gallons, because you say you want to "build up my collection." Do you want to use the two 2.5 gallons as separate tanks in their own right, or as quarantine/transfer tanks for your 20 gallon? Because your profile says that there are four goldfish in your 20 gallon!:eek:

6. cameronpalte Member Member

Thanks for all your information. I generally like to keep one 2.5g in order to help with water changes from the 20g. And also about the 20g, I know thats overcrowding, I have talked to other people on the forum about it, so I have decided to regularly test water, do daily water changes to help with build up and when the fish get bigger by a 29g, and put 2 goldfish in their, or buy a 55 and put them all in their right now they are only about 1 inch but they grow fast. And when I meant build up my collection, I meant I am only allowed to keep my fish in my room so I want to try to have lots of nice fish and stuff swimming around in various tanks in my room:)... I will look into seeing if their is a betta that can fit in one of 2.5g:)... and keep the other one for water changes. I am new to this and trying to do good.