What Can I Stock In A 40g Hex? Help

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Aqua Hands, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Aqua HandsWell Known MemberMember

What can I stock in a 40g Hex tank? Cichlids are low on my list, I'm trying to think of something like a peaceful community. Maybe, South American or Asia. Definitely want warmer water. I want to follow the quarters rule. EX.
    • floats at the top "Golden Wonder Killifish"
    • swims near the top "Powder Blue Gourami"
    • Fish that swim in the middle " Cherry Barbs"
    • Fish that swim on the bottom "Kuhli Loaches"
    I Really want my kuhli again. my LFS still has them. Can I bring them home when I cycle the tank?

2. DutchAquariumWell Known MemberMember

For the most part your fish stock looks good. You might have problems with the barbs nipping on the gourami, so just watch. I would limit the number of gourami in the tank also since they can be rather territorial. You might be better off going with honey gourami. I would also do at least shoals and schools of 6 for every fish other than the gourami.

3. Aqua HandsWell Known MemberMember

So, I was actually lied to. the buy said it was a 40g hex, its in the shape of a pentagon. it looks like these. 16505_MP44B_0107600x600.jpgpenttank.png

How many gallons is this?​

4. Aqua HandsWell Known MemberMember

So, I was actually lied to. the buy said it was a 40g hex, its in the shape of a pentagon. it looks like these. 16505_MP44B_0107600x600.jpgpenttank.png

How many gallons is this?​

5. aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

Around 48g.

Use this calculator:  

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice