What Can I Stock In A 40 gallon Hex?

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
What can I stock in a 40 gallon Hex tank? Cichlids are low on my list, I'm trying to think of something like a peaceful community. Maybe, South American or Asia. Definitely want warmer water. I want to follow the quarters rule. EX.
I Really want my kuhli again. my LFS still has them. Can I bring them home when I cycle the tank?

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
For the most part your fish stock looks good. You might have problems with the barbs nipping on the gourami, so just watch. I would limit the number of gourami in the tank also since they can be rather territorial. You might be better off going with honey gourami. I would also do at least shoals and schools of 6 for every fish other than the gourami.

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
DutchAquarium said:
For the most part your fish stock looks good. You might have problems with the barbs nipping on the gourami, so just watch. I would limit the number of gourami in the tank also since they can be rather territorial. You might be better off going with honey gourami. I would also do at least shoals and schools of 6 for every fish other than the gourami.
So, I was actually lied to. the buy said it was a 40 gallon hex, its in the shape of a pentagon. it looks like these.
16505_MP44B_0107600x600.jpg
penttank.png

How many gallons is this?

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
DutchAquarium said:
So, I was actually lied to. the buy said it was a 40 gallon hex, its in the shape of a pentagon. it looks like these.
16505_MP44B_0107600x600.jpg
penttank.png

How many gallons is this?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom