What Can I/should I Add? 75 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by samantha.h, Apr 18, 2018.

1. samantha.h

samantha.hValued MemberMember

Hi all,

I have a 75 gallon tank that has some fish but I feel like it’s just missing something. Looking for suggestions!

Current stock:
    3 angelfish
    3 pearl gourami
    Approx 18 cardinal tetras (hard to count the buggers because they move around so much)
    2 German Blue Rams
    3 corydoras (2 sterbai and 1 green)

I also have an assortment of snails.

The reason for having so few cories is that I started out with 6 of each and for whatever reason the others just died off. I know they prefer larger groups, but I’ve decided that cories just don’t work well in my tank for whatever reason, so I wasn’t planning on adding anymore.

In terms of stocking...I was thinking of maybe beefing up the tetras and adding a clown pleco. I’d love other opinions/options though! It was suggested to me a while back before I started actually adding fish that I add 2 cockatoo apistos, but since my GBRs have already established their territory I figured it’d probably be best not to add those.

Sorry for such a long post. Thank you in advance!

2. jaymethyValued MemberMember

Do you use salt in your aquarium by any chance?

3. Pictusboss

PictusbossValued MemberMember

the pleco is a good idea, and yes you could beef up the tetras. The apistos shouldn't cross lanes with the GBRs too much in your size tank, but I'm not too sure. Maybe Kuhli Loaches?

The only thing I am concerned about in your tank is the angels and gouramis, they tend not to mix too well. Also the angels and tetras.

4. OP
    OP
    samantha.h

Nope, none! I used to use Flourish when I had live plants and then realized it might have been killing my snails so I stopped. I use Prime and Stability occasionally but other than that I don’t add anything to the water!

5. OP
    OP
    samantha.h

So far everyone has behaved fairly well together. The angels were my most recent addition and I got them I want to say about 2 months ago and they’ve never really bothered the gouramis or tetras. The gouramis kind of keep to themselves a lot and hide in the back corner of my tank underneath some of the plants/driftwood. They’re a docile little harem!

Although, I will say the angels are still pretty young I think so there could be a chance of that changing in the future but as of right now they’re pretty mellow. Each one patrols its own 1/3 of the tank right now. It’s interesting to watch their behavior because I feel like it’s different than what I’ve been told before.

6. jaymethyValued MemberMember

Then I have no guess on why you are having no luck with the corys...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice