What can I put with...?

1. Tunafish Member Member

Odessa Barb and Blue Lobster tank mates?

Hi all.

I've got a 3 foot (about 20 UK gallons) tank stocked with one Blue Crayfish (about 5 inches long) and 4 Odessa Barbs. I keep wanting to put more fish in but I'm not sure what I want to put in with them as they have to stand up to the barbs and not sleep on the bottom (or the crayfish will have them). The tank has been running with the same stock for about 4 months with a Fluval U2 and a Fluval 2 Plus.
    I intend to add another 2 or 3 Odessa barbs because they're in a small group so they're rather timid and I don't see a lot of them. I'd quite like to have another shoal of fish of a different breed. The tank has a couple of inches of sand, with a stone cave and piled stones, with 2 large chunks of bogwood and a few fake (otherwise the crayfish will eat them) plants and the temperature is set at 22 degrees. There is also an air pump running throughout the day with lights (for about 8 hours).

Thanks guys,
    any and all suggestions would be welcome!
  2. Gage Member Member

silver tip tetras or other fast moving semi aggressive fish

3. Tunafish Member Member

Do you think a Gourami would be ok with them?
  4. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

I wouldn't risk a gourami with crayfish, gourami are quite slow movers & could end up as lunch for the cray.

5. Tunafish Member Member

That wouldn't be good. I'd just like fish that are brighter in colour, something that'll stand out a bit