What Can I Put With Oscars

NC122606

What fish can I put with my 6 inch albino tiger oscar and my 3 inch regular tiger oscar??? They have managed to kill 3 tiger barbs and one 4 inch red devil cichlid
What is the tank size?

DougU

What is the tank size?

55 gallon at the moment but I'm looking into purchasing a 180 gallon

NC122606

55 gallon at the moment but I'm looking into purchasing a 180 gallon
I'd honestly wait until you get the 180-gallon tank for tank mates because 55 is going to be cramped soon.

Morpheus1967

I would get the tank first, then get some other fish. In a 180, a nice group of silver dollars would be awesome. Just need to remember anything that can fit in an oscar's mouth is a meal to them. And when fully grown, they can carry a golf ball around in their mouth.

DougU

I'm not sure what to put with them in the 180 gallon that they won’t kill

NC122606

Sun Eclipse Catfish? But it will probably have to be a decent size when you get it.

Morpheus1967

As I said previously, silver dollars are great tank mates for oscars.

JDK426

Go with a big tank. I kept keeping a minimal size tank and having to upgrade every so often. I was young, and broke, but Oscars are what set the addiction for me, and some of my favorite fish to be had. I just don't have the space for such large aquariums. Plecos and silver dollars are what I kept with mine. If it can fit into their mouth they will eat it.

Redshark1

In suitable sized tanks some people provide a retreat where other fish can go to survive when attacked and the oscar cannot follow.

Tankmates will get attacked, sometimes when you least expect it and it is rather cruel to leave them vulnerable and defenceless.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Deshik
  • Question
Replies
Views
Gh05t
Replies
Views
JesseMoreira06
Replies