what can i put in my new 50 gallon tank? 50 Gallon Tank

1. tom5678 Member Member

hi this is my first time on fishlore.com ;D
    i have just got a new 50 gallon tropical fish tank. it has got some live plants in it but i need to get more to fill it properly
    i also have a 15 gallon tank with a bristle nose catfish and 2 neons in. so i am going to put the bristle nose into the 50 gallon and also buy some more neons and put them in too.
    but i have no idea what else to put into the tank.
    any advice?
    the fish would have to be less that like 4 inches so quite small.
    and also peaceful so that they dont eat or fight with the neons.
    any help would be greatly appreciated and so would any other advice.
    thanks =]]

2. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

3. tom5678 Member Member

will an elephant fish be too big for my fish tank??

hi i am new to fishlore.com
    i have just got a new 50 gallon tropical fish tank. it does not currently have anything in it but it will do very soon. ( i have a bristle nose catfish, 2 neon tetras and another tetra which is like the neon just orange instead of blue).
    would i be able to get an elephant nose catfish or would it eat my other fish????
    would it be to big for the tank???... because i have heard that they can grow quite big.
    any other fish that would be good for my 50 gallon tank?
    please help
    :;thx

sorry about the 2 - 10 neons i was thinking ahead because i am going to get some more soon (in a few weeks) ;D

4. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Tom,
    Since both of your threads are questions concerning stocking your new tank, :animal0068:I've merged your threads. It will be a lot less confusing to other members by keeping everything dealing with the same subject together. Too, it will help you to get more responses.
    Thanks!
    Ken

Too, I'm a bit concerned due to the fact your stocking list went from 2 Neons to 10 neons in 1 hour and 20 minutes....??? :)

5. tom5678 Member Member

someone please reply =]
    i have just put the bristle nose into the 50 gallon tank (from the 15 gallon tank that he was previously in) and he looks kind of lonely. he needs a friend --> :;hug2 but not another bristle nose because there is not enough room.
    otherwise it will be like this :;group !!!!

6. JennDFK Member Member

I don't know anything about elephant nose catfish, but I have stocked a 55. Some of my favorite peaceful fish are various rainbows (some get larger, but many stay under 4"), platies, smaller killifish species, and blue ram cichlids. These types are fairly tranquil and not too hard to keep alive and happy. It is best to stock the tank gradually. Good luck.