What can I put in a 75 gallon tank with my Oscar?

Newb21

Hi all! I've gotten the hang of this fishkeeping thing and now I want more tanks. Go figure!

Anyway, the thread title is self explanatory but the reason I ask is because I'm limited to a 75 gal and most suggested tankmates appear to be too large to stuff in a 75 with an Oscar. I'm on the fence about Giant Danios. Could Silver Dollars fit in there? If so, how many? Could a Featherfin Syno work?

Thanks in advance, you glorious people.

LowConductivity

IMO, long term, the 75 probably isnt even big enough for the fish you have. Tough to get on board for more fish. Sorry

Ouse

If the oscar is the only fish in there right now, I would leave the stocking as is and avoid getting more fish. Giant danios would become snacks.

Newb21

IMO, long term, the 75 probably isnt even big enough for the fish you have. Tough to get on board for more fish. Sorry
That's okay. I'm still learning. What would you suggest then if I wanted to add one smallish, armored catfish like the Raphael catfish?
If the oscar is the only fish in there right now, I would leave the stocking as is and avoid getting more fish. Giant danios would become snacks.
What would you suggest then if I wanted to add one smallish, armored catfish like the Raphael catfish?

LowConductivity

That's okay. I'm still learning. What would you suggest then if I wanted to add one smallish, armored catfish like the Raphael catfish?

What would you suggest then if I wanted to add one smallish, armored catfish like the Raphael catfish?
I wouldn't suggest anything. You've already got 100 gallons worth of fish in a 75 gallon box.

Newb21

I wouldn't suggest anything. You've already got 100 gallons worth of fish in a 75 gallon box.

That's the question though lol. Maybe I should have said what SIZE would you suggest but thanks for the perceived sass.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BettasAndAnOscar
Replies
Views
Dreshanda
Replies
Views
OldFort Exotics
Replies
Views