What can I feed my RCS?

Discussion in 'Cherry Shrimp' started by tokiodreamy, Jun 28, 2016.

1. tokiodreamy

tokiodreamyWell Known MemberMember

Hey all! I have a 5g RCS tank. I have been feeding them high quality shrimp pellets with the occasional algae wafer.
    I've tried to feed cucumber and zucchini but they really don't eat any of it. I also use Bacter-AE supplements to assist in growing biofilm for the babies. I also feed a crushed fish flake once in a blue moon.

Anything else I can try? Any veg that your shrimp can't get enough of?

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

Mine love cooked sweet potato!

3. OP
    OP
    tokiodreamy

Hmmm... I'll have to try that! Do you leave the peel or do you peel it?

4. TexasDomer

TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

I don't put the peel in the tank, but I don't peel it to cook it.

5. Junne

JunneFishlore LegendMember

6. OP
    OP
    tokiodreamy

They refused to touch the zucchini. I'll try a few more times though.

I feel bad feeding shrimp baby shrimp ha. But I'll see if I can find some daphnia and try frozen bloodworms. Do the bloodworms float? My freezdried ones do and that's an issue since my shimp don't grab anything from the surface. My ghost shrimp years ago loved swimming along the surface to steal food from my fish. So I'm a little disappointed these guys don't do the same circus act.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  7. Junne

JunneFishlore LegendMember

The bloodworms I use ( Hikari ) does not float. Now and then a few strands may float to the surface but eventually they make it down.

8. Bithimala

BithimalaFishlore VIPMember

Zucchini, green beans, spinach, snail jello have all been a success with the guys I got locally. Interestingly, the ones I ordered have not actually started eating standard food yet, but I think that's because they're so busy cleaning the tank.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice